chapter 20

Bad Things- Machine Gun Kelly, Camila Cabello

I'm dedicating this chapter to Achiyabegum for the voting! Thanks!! :)

"Honey, what about this dress?" Mom asks me, holding up a blood red dress

"Honey, what about this dress?" Mom asks me, holding up a blood red dress. We were shopping London for tonight. The hotel was holding a party for someone's birthday and everyone staying was invited.

After hearing the news, mom squealed and insisted we go dress shopping. This was the 13th shop we'd be into and I still couldn't find anything to wear. At this rate, I'll end up going in jeans and a t-shirt.

"That will bring too much attention." I tell her, walking over to the party area. So far, everything mom has picked out is either too short, too revealing or just too ugly. I haven't liked a single one yet. And even if I did choose one of the dresses she picked out, dad will refuse to let me wear it.

"Aww, honey. You're going to have to choose something." Mom whines, going over to a sparkly silver dress that shows off too much boob cleverage. "How about this?"

"I don't want to be a star mom." I deadpan, sighing in frustration. We are in the heart of London, where there are shops everywhere that have expensive clothing. Surely there is a dress that's reasonable somewhere.

"Well, you're already a star to me -- you shine brighter than anyone else." She comments.

I cringe at it. Who even says that anymore? "Don't say that again mom."

"I'm only complimenting you sweetie." She sweetly says, giving me her innocent smile.

I ignore her and continue to find something. The store we're in looks very high class and expensive so I try to be careful with what I do. I don't want to go and ruin one of the dresses.

Just as I'm about to give up my search in this store, a certain blue dress catches my eye. Immediately, I rush over to it and pick it up. Its a knee-length blue dress that shows off some curves and not too much cleverage. Its dark blue and has a few sequences on the waist area. I don't know why but it really catches my eye; I fall in love with it.

This is the dress for me.

I didn't even notice mom was stood beside me until she said something. "Its beautiful honey. Do you want to try it on?"

I nod my head and we walk over to the fitting rooms. I hope this dress fits me and looks as good on me as it did on the hanger.

I go into the room and try it on. I nearly gasp when I look in the mirror at how good it looks. How good I look.

I'm not normally one to brag about how I look but this dress makes me look...amazing. It makes me feel like a princess. Twirling around in the changing room, I giggle.

"Do you like it, honey?" I hear mom say from the other side of the curtain. I give her a quick 'yes' and get changed back into my t-shirt and jeans.