chapter 44

Black and Gold - Sam Sparro

I also want to dedicate this chapter to catchersoftball for making the amazing cover above! Literally, seeing the cover made me so happy! I love it!! Thank you!!! If you want to make a cover then please do! I would love to see some! 

Anna's dress below (imagine elbow-length gloves as well) 

"Shopping spree!" Ren squeals like a five—year—old girl as she rushes into the first of many stores we will go into today

"Shopping spree!" Ren squeals like a five—year—old girl as she rushes into the first of many stores we will go into today. Cora gives her an unimpressed look from behind her back whilst Jess rolls her eyes. Me, I just laugh. I've known for a long time now, when it comes down to shopping, she has to go into every store.

After we found out about being invited to the party, Ren had immediately started planning a shopping trip after school. Of course, as soon as Xavier found out, he protested. I thought we had gotten past the whole possessive side of him but apparently not. He claimed at the mall there are too many people who can come up to me. He then went on to say its the perfect place for males to find a new target, his words, not mine.

I had rolled my eyes at him and he quickly changed his tactics. He argued Chris could take me seeing as its the perfect opportunity for him. Now, I agreed with him on the fact Chris could come up but I said that I could handle it. It's not like I'm going to be alone, I've got my girls with me.

Finally, he pulled the puppy eyes. I could see the reluctance to use that method but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.

So we compromised.

I would call Xavier every half an hour to let him know I was fine as long as he left me alone to do some girl shopping. It was hard to get him to agree but with a sweet, innocent kiss from me, he agreed.

"You're not thinking about him again are you?" Cora teased from beside me.

I tried to hide the smile on my face by looking down. "No," I mumbled.

Xavier has been on my mind a lot. Every time my mind strays from normal life to Chris, Xavier will suddenly pop into my mind and will calm my thoughts. It's like my mind uses him as a piece of reassurance. I know without a doubt that Xavier will protect me no matter what.

"Sure, sure," she replies, not convinced.

"Guys!" Ren hollers from the first shop, Target. "Hurry up, I think the security guard thinks I'm trying to knick something."

I laugh at her slightly worried expression as she glances between the buff security guard and us. Only she would shout it out loud enough for the people nearby to hear.

"About time," she mutters, grabbing Jess's arm as she drags her into there. Knowing Ren, she is going to dress each of us up in every outfit until we find an outfit she likes. The only problem is that we have roughly two hours here in the mall before we have to head back to Cora's house to get ready.