chapter 7

Don't Be So Hard On Yourself- Jess Glynne

This is dedicated to ayeshajaved456 for the endless voting! My notifications were completely filled up with your votes so thank you!!!

Edited by MerakiMeg

***

Finally, the last lesson of the day arrived; meaning all I had left to do was cheerleading. I hoped – no -- prayed, that nobody from the cheer squad saw my interactions with Xavier. I most certainly don't want to deal with a crazy ex-girlfriend.

"Sweetheart, aren't you going to wish me a goodbye?" Xavier asked, a cocky smile on his face.

"Nope," I copied him back, feel a tad bit of smugness when his face fell. It satisfied me that he felt so disappointed at the rejection. He had never been rejected by a girl before – which aggravates me a lot. The only good thing that could come from Xavier's persistence towards me would be the lesson that I would teach him. Or should I say revenge that I'd take? "Toddles," I say, not looking back at his face.

I stepped into the classroom, ignoring the many eyes on me. I hated to admit it but I was getting used to the looks people were giving me. Sighing, I sat in my chair and got all of my stuff out. Ren was in this Philosophy class as well, which was a plus. However, what I still couldn't fathom was why Ren would want to be in Philosophy. It wasn't her sort of thing, or at least, I hadn't pegged her as a deep thinker. She never analyzed anything, not even her English work. Cora and I always have to do her homework for her. I now officially hate William Shakespeare because of it.

Damn him and his stupid, cryptic language.

"Ugh, I hate Miss Peacock. She is such a bitch." Ren complained as she sat in her seat. I observed her, from the way she was slouched on her seat, to the very obvious scowl on her face. Her ponytail was practically hanging out, the blond locks lying on her shoulders. Her eyes showed hatred for the devil that was Miss Peacock. It was safe to say that Ren looked pissed.

"What did Satan set you this time?"

Due to the sigh that came out of Ren, it was something horrible. "A freaking three thousand worded essay on earthquakes and how they work." Ouch, that doesn't sound nice. "And it's due in for next lesson which is on Thursday. That's two days from today! Two freaking days!"

"That's awful," I said, my voice coated in sympathy. I knew Miss Peacock was horrible, however, I didn't think she would be that bad. Honestly, setting the class a three thousand worded essay to do in two days is just plain mean.

"I'm never going to be able to do it with the Grease musical. Like, I have to learn my lines otherwise I'll be cut from my role as Sandy. And there is no way I'm losing that role." She said and I just nodded, letting Ren blow some steam off. "Like I swear if there wasn't a law for harming teachers then I would have strangled Miss Peacock by now. She's such an evil witch. I would so love to squeeze my fingers around her blotchy ne -"

"Miss Samuel, I would appreciate it if you didn't discuss out loud how you'd love to strangle one of my colleagues." Mr. Adam's cut Ren off as he set his bag on the desk. I had to stifle a laugh as Ren's face turned red in embarrassment.

"Shut up." Ren quietly hissed at me, kicking my leg as I let a giggle out. I always loved these types of moments.

After everyone quietened down, Mr. Adam's began to talk.

"So, we are starting a new topic in Philosophy. Now, this topic will be a lot harder than some of the other topics but with hard work and lots of studying, I know all of you will be able to grasp it." Mr. Adam's started, writing Perception as a Source of Knowledge on the board.