Chapter 45(part 1): Runaway to Hideaway

Life has it's moments

--Anonymous

******

Chapter 45(part 1): Runaway to Hideaway

Listen to the song Imagination by Shawn Mendes.

*******

"It's been almost two weeks April! Almost two weeks and all you've done is sulked. Sulked at school, sulked at home, you're probably sulking in the bathroom too! You've been holed up in your room for four hours since you came back from school. That's like four hours longer than the amount of time you should be spending in there on a weekend!" I heard Harvey bellow from outside.

"If you're naked get changed cause I'm coming in!" he said without waiting for my approval he opened my door and walked in angrily.

"I am sick of this! Get yourself together now! I let you sulk for long enough!" he said.

"Go away. I'm doing my homework" I said brushing him off. It's not like I wasn't telling the truth.

"You're crazy if you think I'm going to leave you when you need me the most" he said rolling his eyes as he sat next to me on my bed.

"Fine stay! But once you're bored of watching me do my homework, the door is that way" I pointed at the door and continued scribbling down my physics notes.

Harvey didn't do anything. He just sat there and stared at me. I knew he was purposely doing this so that I would finally cave in.

But why would I? I didn't cave for Peyton or Scarlet or Dean so Harvey wouldn't be a problem.

Or so I thought.

For the next five minutes I tried to concentrate on my physics book but Harvey just wasn't giving up his staring contest.
Finally I lost it. I lost my self control and he didn't even have to say anything! I guess the others just tried to hard.

"Do you know where he is?" I asked caving in.

"Nobody does Rilly, not even Maddox or Helena. He just dissapeared and all their calls were going straight to voicemail. But-" he started.

"But what? Is he hurt? Is he lost?" I asked getting panicked. James had gone missing the day after he left me so I wasn't exactly comforted.

"But he answered Helena's call yesterday" Harvey said.

"And?" I asked hopefully.

"And he told her he was fine and that she shouldn't worry and also-" his Adam's apple bobbed. He was afraid to tell me something. I raised my eyebrows expectantly.

"He might've told her to tell you to stop calling, something about needing space" he said slowly trying not to pierce my heart with his words.

"Harvey I don't even know what he and I are anymore" I said as my face morphed into a dejected one.

"One minute we're all over each other and the next we're hurting each other. I don't even know if we broke up or if we're still dating! It's all so complicated" I said and Harvey said nothing as he walked up to me and caught me in his arms and hugged me tight.

"April McKenzie! I know you're going through alot but trust me you're a strong girl who will get through this. Fuck James, you don't need him okay babe!?" Harvey asked as he continued to hug me placing his chin on my head.

"Okay! I'm fine I don't need a stupid boy!" I sniffed.

Of course, I need that stupid boy!
But by sniffling away he ain't coming back so why not put on a brave face!