Chapter 44: No Goodbye

An ounce of wit is worth a pound of sorrow.

--Richard Baxter

*********

C

hapter 44: No Goodbye

Listen to the song Heavy by Anne Marie.

*********

"My horoscope say something bad is going to happen to one of my close friends! So this means everyone please, please stay on the lookout!" Kailee said as we all sat at our lunch table.

"And you believe that shit?" Justin counter remarked.

"Sorry for being considerate" she said rolling her eyes.

"Hey! You guys won't believe what happened at the party!" Peyton said as she jumped into her seat.

"What happened?" I asked chuckling.

"Scarlet's boyfriend and his friends crashed it!" Harvey said nonchalantly.

"He didn't do anything!" Scarlet said taking up for Wayne.

"Sure, we could all act like we didn't see that fist fight between Jake and him" Jasper said rolling his eyes.

"Oh come on, Jake had that coming" Scarlet said grumpily.

"Basically, Jake tried hitting on Scarlet a few days back which Scarlet thought wasn't worth telling us," Peyton said as she glared at Scarlet.

"And her beloved Wayne heard about this and decided to show Jakey who's the boss by crashing a Redhawks party and starting a fist fight" Peyton finished which left me astounded but after the whole thing hit me I started laughing like an idiot.

Along with me, Samantha, Dean and James were also laughing so hard.

"It's not funny guys! You'll should have been there! It was fucking vicious!" Harvey said seriously.

"Yes! Scarlet even if we're okay with your relationship, Wayne should know his limits" Kailee said.

"God guys! Cut the girl some slack! The guy was jealous that someone else wanted her! It's totally normal for him to go overboard with the protectiveness, it's a phase" Samantha spoke up.

"Yea! Samantha's right! I mean if I were him and Scarlet was April I would totally do that" James said and I chuckled.

"Hey guys! Scarlet your boyfriend tried to kill anyone lately?" we heard an annoying voice speak.

"Astrid leave her alone!" Dean said protectively.

"Nobody asked you hun" she said winking at Dean. Jake was standing next to her with a black and blue face.

"You know, I'd really love to insult you now but I'm afraid I won't be able to do a better job than nature" Scarlet said standing up for herself.

"You're just jealous!" Astrid said angrily.

"Let's just see..... God gave me an amazing personality and you.... Well...... I guess everyone makes mistakes?" Scarlet said and the whole courtyard hooted as Astrid walked away in an angry huff.

"Nice one" I said smirking.

"She should've seen it coming" Scarlet said angrily as she sat down.

"Anyways how did you take the whole fist fight anyway? You angry with him now?" Peyton asked Scarlet. It's like in a blink of an eye Scarlet's cheeks were pink and a shy smile grew on her face.