Chapter 17 : Scandals

We've all got both light and darkness inside us. What matters is what part we  choose to act on.

--Anonymous.

*********

Chapter 17: Scandals

Listen to the song:- Miss You by Louis Tomlinson.

******

April's POV

As we reached the entrance gate of my house, I waved at Danny to open up the gate.

"Ahh! Miss it's good to see you back" he said as he opened the gate under his umbrella.

"It's nice to see you too Danny" I said smiling at him, as I closed my window so that the rain didn't get my hair messy.

"Why are you that nice to all of them, even though with a just one word from your mouth they could loose their jobs?" James said all of a sudden.

"Yeah.." I said unsure of how to react, "you see I believe everybody has a heart and instead of being a rude *beep* I choose to be the sweetheart that I am" I said putting on a wide grin.

"You're different Kit-Kat, very different and I like it" he said as he dropped me to my porch.

He got out of the car and opened the back of the car, running through the rain I saw Stella with an umbrella she helped James with the bags and then she helped me out of the car.

"April darling" she said kissing my forehead. I hugged her. Ever since mom left the house two years ago Stella has been like a mother to me.

Just as I looked down I saw dad getting out of the garage with Dan his butler carrying an umbrella. Dad was decked with a black attire from neck to toe.

"So I should get going" James said looking at the sky filled with black clouds.

"Stay!" Stella called from the back. "We have a lunch enough to feed a whole party of distinguished guests"

Really Stella? Do you really think that it's a good idea?

"No I couldn't, April is supposed to be with her dad I'd be intruding." James replied.

"Stay please!" I said all of a sudden breaking from my spell of silence.

What? I didn't need another awkaward dinner with my dad might as well drag James into it.

"Are you sure?" James asked unsure. "I'm sure!" I said smiling genuinely.

Just then my dad walks straight into the house with a angry look on his face. Then his eyes fall on me. I smile. His lips quiver into a small, but happy smile.

"Hey dad" I say as I walked towards him.

"Hello April! I'm sorry I haven't spent enough time with you. But you know, with the new film I have to travel back to California again and again" he said pulling me into a hug and I don't pull back cause the last time I hugged my dad I was 13.

Finally he let go and he looked up, "who's this?" He asked gesturing to James, as his smile disappears.

"Dad, this is James Darwin he's new to town" I said smiling.

"Nice to meet you Mr.McKenzie" James said giving my dad a tooth wide grin. My dad shook his hand. "Why exactly are you here?" My dad asked without breaking eye contact with James .

"Dad! Don't be rude. He's here for lunch, and no you shall not drive him away" I said angrily.

My dad muttered something then he smiled and said he'd meet me in about half an hour at the dining table.