Chapter 3: Back to school

(edited)

Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others.
- Ellen DeGeneres

*********

Chapter 3: Back to school

Listen to the song Glad You Came by The Wanted

******

"This cannot be happening! I'm late on the first day of the semester! " I mutter to myself.

I ran to my car, as I entered I hear a ping on my phone. I ignored it and started the car. It didn't start, I tried again it still didn't start.

"God why did this have to happen today? To me? I have been nothing but exemplary! Dammit!" I shout as I got out of the car.

I started walking down the sidewalk and straight out of the gate and on the street, but before I could walk to even the second block something stopped me, let's make that someone.

"Miss McKenzie, Miss when is your father going to release his new movie?" a reporter asked and before you know it there were at least five reporters around me.

"Miss McKenzie how have you been coping with the loss?" another reporter screamed.

I just put my head down and kept walking, but these people weren't giving up, so I finally put my head up and spoke, "I don't know anything about my father's films and even if I did I wouldn't tell you!
Don't you guys get the meaning of personal space?" I spoke out angrily.

They all just stared at me for a second but that didn't stop them from asking more questions, ugh I hate paparazzi!

Then suddenly I felt a tug at my hand that pulled me out of the crowd, I ran along with the firm grip that was on my hand. As I glanced behind I could see the reporters walking hastily towards me but not hastily enough.

I looked at the person who pulled me out of the crowd. I was a little surprised cause I saw none other than, James Darwin.

After he told me I was beautiful on the Ferris wheel, I didn't say a word to him, I mean we came this close to a kiss, this close.

And he did take of my glasses, he just took off a part of my identity! Okay maybe you think I'm overreacting but I've been wearing those glasses so that people wouldn't look me in the eye and tell me I had nice eyes cause it pricked remembering that I wasn't the only one who had them and what did James do? He did exactly that, it was weird like he was staring into my soul. 

"C'mon walk faster" he says and like an obedient child I followed him.

We entered his car, a silver Aston Martin, and I shut the door, he started the car while the stupid reporters kept knocking on our shut windows. Why the hell did I enter the car of this complete stranger? Cause it seemed better than being outside with a flock of reporters 

"Why are they following you?" He asks out of the blue.

"You don't know who I am?" I ask a little puzzled.

"You're April, unless I somehow forgot your name over night" he says sarcastically.

"Yeah, I'm April, April McKenzie.... daughter of Ben McKenzie the director and all." I look at him expectantly.

"Wait what? You're the daughter of Ben McKenzie?" He asked surprisedly. I just nod.

"Wow I'm talking to the daughter of Ben McKenzie how cool is that?" He asks grinning.