Chapter 5: Mysteries

(edited)

Picture of Dean Johnson up there^^

Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened.
--Dr. Suess

******

Chapter 5: Mysteries

Listen to the song Bad Vibe by MØ, Lotto Boyzz and Mr Eazi
*****

I woke to the touch of something cold on my hip. With alot of trouble I opened my eyes and blinked rapidly, as my eyes got used to the surroundings.

To my surprise James had his hand loosely hanging on my hip, his nose was this close to my own and his dirty blonde hair was all wavered yet it made him look good.

Stupid brain!

He was fast asleep, and however much I felt the need to stare I got up slowly and quietly took his hand off from my hip and placed it on the pillow I grabbed from under my head.

I held my breath as he twitched slightly but went back to sleep soon after.

I sighed and took out a casual sundress I found in the back of my cupboard and headed straight to the bathroom.

I took off my clothes and hit the shower. I started signing an old eighties song as I danced around in the bathroom and don't act like you've never done that.

As I changed into my outfit while I combed my hair and walked out of the bathroom still humming the song unaware.

"Kit kat I knew you liked to sing but why the hell didn't you tell me you had such a great voice?" I heard a familiar voice say.

"James! You're awake" I said ignoring the question.

"Yup I'm wide awake and ready to listen to the future nightingale of America!" He said with a smirk.

"Miss McKenzie just reminding you today is Dean's 18th birthday the gift is packed and ready with Danny at the entrance" my intercom goes off.

"Thanks Stella" I screamed.

"You seriously require people to remind you whose birthday it is?" James asked.

"I have a very bad memory!" I said.

"But still you get straight A's in class?" he asked creasing his eyebrows.

"Birthday memory, yes! I have a very bad birthday memory!" I exclaimed.

James just gave me look that read 'Well, some one's loosing their mind' and in return I gave him an innocent smile.

"Get ready or we'll be late" I said, trying to get my attention back.

"Yes mom" he said sarcastically.

I just rolled my eyes as he took his clothes and went inside the bathroom.

All of a sudden I heard a knock on my door, "Who's there?" I asked as I started to tidy my bed.

"April open the door" I heard a familiar voice shout on the other side of the door.

I quickly ran over and opened the door lock only to find Dean standing there, "Dean?" I exclaimed in complete surprise, he never comes to my house other than the days I have parties.

"Hey" he whispered scratching the back of his neck "could I come in?"

"Sure," I said "ohh and by the way Happy birthday"

"Thanks," he said smiling.

"Now tell me what the hell are you doing here?" I asked channeling my anger against him again as usual.