Chapter 9: Friends

(edited)
A pic of Scarlet LaStelle^^^

There's magic all around you all you have to do is believe.

--Anonymous

Chapter 9: Friends

Listen to the song ME! By Taylor Swift.

******

The thought of James being in a gang was still hovering over my mind. He used to sell drugs! But why did he stop? Surely it couldn't be because of just high school. I'll make it a point to find out.

I continued writing my project on classifications in bio.
Then all of a sudden my phone started ringing I let the voicemail get it cause I had no patience to go and pick up my phone.

Then as the voice message was automatically getting copied the voice plastered a smile on my face.

"Hey Kit kat! I was just wondering if I could spend the night at your place tonight? My mom isn't at home"

As soon as the message was done recording I jumped out of my chair to get my phone.

I called him up soon after, he picked up in about two rings.
"You can stay at my place!" I basically screamed.

"Whoa whoa someone seems excited!" He said and I could literally feel his smirk from the other end of the phone.

"Me excited? Rubbish. This house just gets boring with no company" I said trying to sound unenthusiastic but anyone could see through my lie.

"Okay I'll be there by 7:30 pm. Keep my food ready? Huh Princess?"

"So it's princess now?"

"Do you like princess?"

"No- I mean I like it but it's too common, I like Kit-Kat better"

"So Kit-Kat it is then!"

I smiled as we said bye and hung up.

Then I decided to check my WhatsApp messages I read Peyton's message over and over again. Shit!

Peyton

Hope you remember today's sleepover. Harvey and I will reach at about 6:30.

No no! I shouldn't have told James to come over. I'm supposed to have a complete stress free day with Peyton and Harvey.

Guess I'll just have to accommodate all three of them.

I pressed the intercom to tell Stella to keep dinner ready for 4. Since my dad was back in Florida.

"What do you want for dinner love?" Stella asked.

"Anything will do Stella just tell Chef Ricardo not to add too much spice and not to- you know what just get pizza"

"Sure sure" Stella chuckled as the intercom went off.

It was about 2 in the afternoon on a Sunday, and trust me the weather outside wasn't pleasant.

I picked up my phone and replied to Peyton that I have a surprise for them. Just hoping in my head she won't mind if someone barges into our day.

Then suddenly I hear the noise of my room door opening up wide.

Out there came Scarlet literally crying with puffy eyes. She was dripping wet, she must have ran in the rain cause last I checked she didn't have a car.

"Scarlet! What the hell happened?" I yelped .

"April! He lied, he lied. He...-" she stammered

"God who lied to you Scarlet?" I asked frantically.

"It-it was W-wayne" she said wiping her tears as I caught her blonde hair up so it didn't get into her face.

"Okay Scarlet go wash your face and take a shower, you can use a pair of my clothes and then you tell me the story" I said softly.

"Thanks" she mumbled as she walked straight to the bathroom.

I ran down the stairs and got a glass of water from the kitchen. Even though I was eager to know what Wayne did it but I decided that I should let her take her time. But he seemed like such a nice guy, what the hell could he do to make her cry?

I took the glass of water up with me to give Scarlet putting all my thoughts behind my mind.

As I entered about half an hour later cause I thought I should give her some time. I saw that Scarlet had made herself comfortable on my couch just staring at the blank screen of her phone.

I cleared my throat, and placed the glass of water on the table as she took the glass and took a sip.

"He told me he was from Kingsely Academy, he said he was a junior in high school, he told me I was a pretty girl, he said that I was one of the first girls he actually liked in a way more than a friend." She said trying not to break down " he said all this and I believed, I fell for him, he made me fall for him!"

I looked at her waiting for her to continue, "he lied" she said in a soft yet bold voice, " he's from Lakecity Academy " .

I gasped Lakecity Academy was our school's biggest enemy, in academics as well as sports.
"He did that so that he could get close to us, so that they could have someone from the inside, I told him so much, I feel so irresponsible and betrayed and hurt" she said.

"How did you come to know?" I asked rubbing her hand.

"His friends told me, " she said her eyes getting teary " they started laughing at me for falling for him. They told me he never ever actually even liked me. That I was all part of the plan, they told me that I was nothing to him" she said faltering at the end.

"Was he there when they told you?"

"Yes, he kept telling me not to listen to them, he kept saying 'Scarlet, don't listen to these guys I like you! I seriously do.' he just kept saying this again and again. But how could I even think of believing that? I mean he straight up lied to me" She asked me as the tears rolled down her eyes.

"Come here '' I said as I put her head down on my lap and tapped her head, as she continued to cry.

Personally I think he was rude, mean and a complete ass hole to do that to a perfectly sweet and beautiful girl like Scarlet. She is such a nice girl I just cannot believe what he did to her! He broke her; not physically but emotionally.

After sometime Scarlet stopped crying , "go home and get some rest " I instructed her . She nodded and hugged me before leaving my house. "Thanks for hearing me out, I know the others are going to be pretty pissed at me for being so blind" Scarlet mumbled.

"Well, what are friends for?" I asked her as she left the house.

I'm going to make sure that this Wayne was going to get hurt. Badly! No one and I mean no one messes with my friends and gets away with it so easily...
***