Mr. Nice Watch

"Daddy look!" Anna exclaimed as she watched the giraffes interact with each other.

Anna giggled as Jack lifted her onto his neck, so she could get a better view.

She squealed and giggled as Jack continued to balance her on his neck.

I was content watching the two share a father daughter moment while I enjoyed a funnel cake.

I was surprised the zoo even had funnel cakes ! I hadn't had one in so long and there was no way I was passing up this chance to have one.

"Is it good,baby?" Jack questioned.

My mouth was too full to answer so I nodded instead.

"Can we go look at the unicorns ?"

"Unicorns?" Jack repeated in his silly voice.

"Who told you there was unicorns here?"

"Mama M."She said pointing her little finger at me.

I smiled at her and Jack.

"Well Mama M, where's the unicorns ?"

"There's not a rainbow out today, you can only see them when there's a rainbow."

"I guess we'll have to wait then." Jack added.

The day went well and we had a lot of fun. When we got home from the zoo, I was tired. My feet were swollen and I still needed to pack for Moscow.

**

I covered myself with s robe after getting out of a hot bath. I rummaged through one of the unpackaged boxes before pulling out a peach colored nail polish. I felt like painting my toes a new color for this new experience.

By the time Jack came in, I was halfway done with all ten of my toes.

He chuckled in the doorway.

"You look like you're struggling."

He walked over and took the nail polish out of my hands.

"I'll be sure to have my sister go with you to the nail salon and you can get whatever you want done."

I started to feel sad and began crying. These hormone changes were starting to take their toll.

"Are you okay?" Jack asked while placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Did I paint my toes ugly?" I sobbed. "Are they not pretty enough?" 

I was really sitting here crying over something so minuscule.

Jack looked confused as if he wasn't sure what to do or even what he'd done to set me off.

"Uh..no baby they look fine, here let me help." He sat down next to me and propped my foot up on his leg.

He was focused on fixing the horrendous job that I did and it made me feel better.

"See all better." He declared and moved out of the way for me too see.

"Thank you." I said after looking to see the new and improved paint job he'd given my toenails. I threw my arms around him and to my surprise he picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He looked down into my eyes before capturing my lips with his own.

He sat me down on the bed and turned to the dresser. He pulled out a plain grey T-shirt and slid it over my head. It had a scent mixed between clean laundry and his personal soft sandalwood aroma.

A small smile spread across my face. I felt relaxed and comfortable in his shirt.

"This shirt smells really good." 

"Yeah, I figured you liked wearing my shorts, a couple went missing and I just assumed it was you."

I crawled under the crisp white blanket while catching up on Riverdale.

Jack stripped down to his boxers and crawled into bed next to me.

His hands snuck into my bonnet and fondled with my hair. I decided to get a sew in for the trip to Moscow instead of dealing with my own hair.

"I miss your curls." He admitted. "But you look really nice with your hair like this too."

"I can always curl this and it'll be just the same."  I replied.

"It's not natural, I'm not saying I don't like when you wear your wigs and your weaves, I just want you to be aware that I love your natural beauty."

"And that booty." He added before giving it a firm squeeze and pressing his body closer to mine.

I rolled my eyes. "You're always trying to get in my pants."

"If I wanted to get in your pants, you wouldn't still have them on." He whispered into my ear before giving it a soft peck."

He made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. He was like electricity and he was constantly giving me static shock.

"Now let's talk about the little bundle baking in there." He said while wrapping his arms around my stomach.

"I'm so excited to meet our baby." He admitted. "I hope he or she has your beautiful brown eyes."

"My eyes are plain though, your green eyes are perfect."

"I think you're perfect." He replied and planted a kiss onto my neck. "You know you still haven't told me exactly why you don't contact your parents." He added.

"Honestly Jack, my mom wasn't a loving mother. She wasn't there for me like I needed. She was to busy chasing around a man, who wasn't her husband. My father worked all the time, but only to provide for us."

"So what's your problem with your dad?"

"He's just like mom, only cares about themselves. They'd always get into these big arguments and my mom would throw him out."

"Baby." He began to soothe me but instead held me closer and in that moment I was thankful for him. I was crying silently as the visions of my mom and dad fighting clouded my thoughts. I hadn't talked about it in so long that it made me emotional.