Wet Dreamz

Wednesday, October 25

After my run-in with Jack, I took a shower and pulled my hair into a bun. I dug through my dresser in search of something to wear. I gave up about twenty minutes in and decided to wear a plain black shirt and a pair of lightly washed skinny jeans. I slung my backpack on my back and gave Teddy a quick rub on the head before heading off to school.

I wanted to stay on top of my school work since my grades had declined over the past week. I was sure to take a lot of notes and follow along while Jack explained the key points of the book "The Yellow Wallpaper."

The class was very intriguing today. The book covered aspects of feminism and the status between men and women. It was a novel that could easily be debated amongst a group of people and could stir up a lot of controversies.

Before class was over, Jack answered questions and gave his next assignment and due date.

"Class is dismissed."

I grabbed my things and went up to the whiteboard, where Jack was wiping away bullet points he'd written for class today.

"I'll see you at home. I'm going to pick up some food did you want anything?" I offered.

"Actually, I wanted to have that date tonight, if that's okay?"

"I guess that's okay," I said, shrugging. "Where do you want to meet?"

"Back here at 8. Is that enough time for you to go home and get ready? I've gotta do a few things around the classroom."

"Yeah, it should be. I'll text you when l get here."

When I got home, Teddy was excited and began barking nonstop until I sat and rubbed his belly. He was a big dog, but he acted as if he was a puppy.

I decided to change into something more attractive than the plain outfit that I threw on this morning. After rummaging around through some unpacked boxes, I pulled together a cute outfit.

It didn't take me very long to get ready. After spraying perfume all over my body, I headed out the door and back to the campus.

I met Jack in the parking lot in front of the school. He looked refreshed and well put together in the same casual outfit he wore in class.

"You look beautiful." He complimented. Jack gave me a small kiss on the cheek in return giving me butterflies. I caught a hint of his cinnamon woodsy cologne and the swift smell of a breath mint he must've been chewing on.

"I put something together here. But before we go in, here put this on." He instructed before pulling a blindfold out of his back pocket.

"A blindfold?" I smirked. "Really?"

"Just put it on." He demanded with a small smile.  After following his instructions and having him lead me to our destination, I began to get curious 

When I opened my eyes, I was beyond surprised by what I saw. The whole classroom glowed with constellations and stars. A small table and two chairs sat in the center of the room.

"Jack. This is beautiful. I don't even know what to say."

I'd never been surprised like this, especially on a first date.