Can't Get Enough

I didn't send him a reply back. I just settled into my lonely bed. I wanted the empty space to be filled not just in my bed under my covers, but in my heart underneath the butterfly flutters. I hadn't lived very long and I felt as if I hadn't even dated that long. Sure I've had lots of sex, but actually dating Kyle and Jack had been the only two men. Kyle was sweet and compassionate, but extra needy at the same time. He wasn't able to give me what I needed like Jack could. Jack could provide protection not just physically but financially. He's been paying all the bills without asking for a dime from me. Jack is rather attractive in a sexy yet gentle way. His sweet innocent face didn't match his inner sex drive. He was beyond what I needed in bed and even what I needed as a friend. 

After letting my mind wander I drifted to sleep.

**
The next morning, Monday morning to be exact, started off horribly. I snoozed the alarm 3 times resulting in me scrambling to get Kody ready for school.

"Do you have your book bag?" I asked while rushing around the kitchen packing him a decent lunch.

"Yes ma'am."

I finished packing his lunch and slid my slippers on before heading to my car. It was really chilly out today. The leaves had begun falling even more and the roads were littered with orange and brown leaves.

"How long do I have to stay with you TT?" Kody questioned while swinging his feet back in forth in the backseat.

"I glanced between the rear view mirror and road while answering him.

"I thought you loved my house?"

"I do, I just really miss my mama."

"You'll see her again baby, I'll tell her to come by today when you get out of school ,okay?" I reassured.

When we arrived at his school, Clarkdale Elementary, I walked him inside to check him in. He was late due to my over usage of snoozing my alarm and picking up breakfast on the way here.

The school looked very nice and the secretaries in the office seemed to be extremely nice. After signing him in and making sure he was good to go, I drove back home.

I wanted to get some more sleep, so I wrapped up in a blanket and sat on the couch. I scrolled through Netflix in search of something good, until I stumbled across The Good Place.  I was in the middle of laughing when I heard knocking at the door. I sighed and pushed the blanket off of me and answered the door. There Jack stood wearing a full blown suit and dark shades looking like a new version of himself.

 There Jack stood wearing a full blown suit and dark shades looking like a new version of himself

Jack

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you I was leaving town for a few days."

"It must be something really important."I said while opening the door wide enough for him to come in.

He followed me to the couch where we sat and continued to talk.

"My father needs me for something." He sighed. "And family is first."

"I suppose. Are you planning on murdering anyone and do you always dress this nice when you're leaving town?"

He chuckled. "I might have to get my hands a little dirty, detka, but no worries and yeah I do I have a ton of suits. It's just like a normal business meeting. You wouldn't want to meet important people in pajamas or causal clothing."

"You're right, but that's Armani and Gucci."

"You have to dress to impress detka."

"So when can I be your girlfriend for real?" I asked.

After the text he sent me last night, it really had me thinking. It wouldn't hurt to try something new after all.

"Well I don't want to rush this conversation, so we'll have to pick it up when I get back from Moscow. "

"You're going to Russia? Jack that's so far away."

"Well duty calls and I've cancelled class, but there are some assignments I posted on Chalkboard. I've gotta head out though."

I stood up to let him out but before he left, he lifted my chin and pressed his lips to mine.

"Be good, detka." He said with a big smile plastered on his face. "I have eyes and ears everywhere."

"So what now you have people baby sitting me ? I'm grown, Jack." I said while placing a hand on my hip.

"No, not at all, I'm just letting you know. Now I've gotta go or I'm going to be late for my flight." He said while glancing at his watch.

"Okay." I shrugged. "Have a safe flight."

He waved goodbye as he headed to the front of the house.

Shortly after he left I got a text from him informing that he'd left a bank card on the counter for me to use if I needed anything.

Jack really didn't want me be back on the streets, but I kinda missed the excitement and the thrill of it all. I missed the independence I felt, but at the same time I knew he'd fill all those voids. If I was going to quit prostitution, I was going to have to have one final night out.

By the time I woke from my nap it was time to pick up Kody from school. I had enough time to get dressed in a pair of jeans and a nice blue blouse.

The drive was short but the carpool was long and obnoxious. It took 20 minutes just to reach the pavilion where the kids were standing.

A red headed woman stood next to Kody, before he ran up to my car in excitement.

"Hi are you Kody's mom?" She asked.

"No, I'm his aunt is there something wrong?"

"Not at all, I just wanted to say Kody is a very respectful and sweet young man."

"Thank you, I'll be sure to let his mama know." I said with a smile.

"Do you want to get ice cream?" I asked Kody as he crawled into the backseat and buckled his seat belt.

"Yeah!" he yelled with excitement.