Chapter 8 - Hello again!

Connors POV

As we walked into the cafe getting hit with the strong scent of coffee beans straight away.

"Right Connor, try not to stutter this time and don't be shy cause you really are shy."

"Ok...thanks for that James." I said as we went and took a seat.

"Hey you 2 where are the others?" Heidi said as she started walking over to us.

Just as I was about to speak James spoke instead.

"There just chilling but they didn't want to come so is 2 came but I kinda got dragged along by Mr Ball here."

He said whilst I gave out a fake smile.

"Oh haha!"

"So a hot chocolate and a Naked juice?"

"Yea please" I said quickly.

As soon as Heidi walked away I turned round to James.

"What are you doing!?"

"I'm just talking?"

"Yea well I want to be able to talk to her since, you know...I'm the one that likes her!"

James started sniggering just as I looked behind me and Heidi was just stood there gawping at me.

Heidi's POV

"Whaa..." I said shocked because no one has ever said anything like that to me.

Since Sophia was like the sister I never had, I ran up to her and told her what I heard.

"Aw Heidi that's so cute!"

"Yea.. but I don't know if I like him that way."

"Just say can we just be friends for just now and then get all the guys numbers."

"But what if he reacts differently?" I whined.

It was lucky this was the quiet time as everyone had what they needed and was sorted...apart from me and Connor.

"Well I don't know!"

Sophia said whilst pushing me towards the table.

Once I had reached the table that Connor and James were at, they weren't there.

Just £5 and a note next to it saying

"Keep the change, I'm really sorry about Connor but maybe we could catch up later. Here's my number"

I typed his number into my phone and sent him a quick text.

1 Message To - James

Hey, It's alright about Connor but can you tell him that we can at least be friends? Oh and thanks for your number! Heidi x

I sent him the text and got pulled behind the counter by Allison.

"Is there something wrong hun?"

"No it's just I found out that one of those 4 boys likes me cause he kinda shouted it out a bit..."

"Aww hunny! You'll be fine! Anyway! Because your new here and everything we want you to come round to my house tomorrow night and we'll just talk about stuff...,like you! Because we don't really know you that well. Apart from Sophia. So will you come?" she said with a puppy dog face.

"Of course! I'm sick of being by myself at night!"

"Haha aww! Well bring your overnight bag!" she said whilst walking of and started wiping the tables then closing then locking the door behind as we stood out into the cold air.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow hun."
Allison said whilst starting to walk in the opposite direction.

It's true, I hate being by myself I kinda wish I didn't move so dad away. I miss my family.

I skyped my mum and dad.

"Hey!"

"Hiya hunny, Aww I miss you so much!"

"I miss you to mum and dad!" I said with a tear starting to crawl down the side of my face.

"Aw hun! Don't cry! How is your new job?"

"It's alright, we're having this sleepover thing where we all get to meet me and know me better tomorrow"

"Ok, well have fun! I better go now dear. Quite tired. Bye! Love you!"

"Bye. Love you to!" I said as we ended the Skype call and went to bed.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|

Woah awkward poor Connor! :(