Chapter 5 - interview

I woke up in my brand new bed trying to adjust my eyes with the sun beaming in through my window.

That had to definitely be the comfiest bed I have ever been in.

I got up out my bed and took a quick shower before drying my hair, getting my clothes on and putting on my usual make up.

For a change I put my hair in a side fishtail. Which I was quite proud of.

Once I was ready I got one of my bags and put my keys and phone into it after texting my mum and dad to say that I had my interview for the cafe.

It wasn't really an interview it was more of a chat about what to do and all that.

So I hopefully wasn't staying long.

I had to be there by about 11.00am which wasn't too bad.

It was 10.45am now so I should better leave.

Whilst walking to the coffee shop, I knew my way because I passed it yesterday on my way to the shops, there was a lot of clothes shops. But good ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally reached the coffee shop and asked for a person called Allison. Who i think is the manager.

So I walked up to the counter. Then I got greeted by her.

"Hiya hun! Are you the one looking for a job?"she said. She looked lovely so did the cafe.

It was quite vintage but it had dark woods and it was lovely.

"Yup! That's me!" I said trying to sound cheery.

"Ok then come with me" Allison said from behind the counter, signalling me to come with her.

Whilst we were walking through I realised we must have been sitting in like a break room or something?

"So, this isn't really an interview obviously. But we just want to know some things about you. As it can help with what you are capable of."

"Ok...so what do you want to know?"

"Just what you think your capable of."

So I told her all the things that I was capable of with working in a cafe.

Then she asked me about my family and everything. She was very sweet.

"So...you got the job!"

I sort of squealed inside but she might have heard it.

"So you can start working here tomorrow then, is that alright?"

"Ok thanks!"

"Would you like to meet the staff here as it might be easier?"

"Yea sure!" I said as we both stood up and she told me to follow her.

"So this is James and he is the cook."
She said whilst he shook my hand.

"This is Sophia, she is a waitress." She said whilst Sophia leaned in and gave me a hug.

"And this is Andrew, he is my husband and the cook!"she said whilst he stuck his hand out for me to shake it like James did.

Allison and Andrew must have been in their mid 40's maybe even early 50's. But they were lovely!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I got home last night I quickly skyped my mum and dad. The. Went to sleep.