Chapter 57: Smile, Lu!

~Luna~
I woke up really early in the morning. I looked at my clock and it was only 7:30.
"Ugh..." I groaned.
I crawled out of my bed and went over to my dresser to get some clothes on. I couldn't find anything so I just stayed in my underwear. I walked downstairs and sat on the couch. I was bored so I turned on the tv. Luckily it was already on Disney channel so I didn't have to try and figure out how to change the channel. I rubbed my blankie against my lip and watched Mickey Mouse Club House.
~Tessa~
I woke up because I heard the tv on. I got out of bed slowly and went downstairs.
When I got into the living room, I saw Luna on the couch with her blankie watching tv in her underwear.
"What are you doin'?" I asked her chuckling a little.
"Me?" She asked innocently.
"Yes, you!" I said to her.
"Oh, uhm, I'm watchin' Mickey Mouse Club House!" She exclaimed.
"I see that! Why are you up though?" I asked her gently.
"Ohhhh, I have no idea!" She said while widening her eyes.
"How are you feeling?" I asked.
"Mommy, why are you asking me sooo many questions?" She asked seriously.
I giggled, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you wanted me to stop."
"No no, I don't want you to stop, I was just askin' why?" She said.
"Oh, well, I'm asking because I wanna make sure I don't need to give you more medicine. So how are you feeling?" I asked again.
"I'm good, I'm just hungry."
"But daddy said you had a fever yesterday," I said to her. She looked back at the tv.
"Yeah, I did, but but I'm feeling better today, Mommy. I just want food," she explained.
"Ohhh, okay. Well, I'm glad you're feeling better. Let's get you some breakfast," I said to her. She got up off the couch and came over to the counter. She climbed up on the stool and looked at me.
"Mommy, I want a dog—," The doorbell rang then.
"Hold that thought," I said as I smiled and went over to the door.
I opened it and my dad was standing there with a box in his hand.
"Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked him.
"Not happy to see me?" He asked jokingly.
"No, yes! I am! Sorry, come in!" I said stepping aside.
"Luna, I have something for you," he said.
"What is it?!" She asked excitedly as she climbed down from the counter stool.
"Come open this box," he said gently setting it on the floor.
She sat down on her knees and carefully opened the box. When she did a puppy popped out. She gasped loudly and looked at us. I had no idea he was gonna do this.
"Is this for me?!?!" She asked standing up and jumping up and down.
"Yes! It's a Pomeranian Puppy. She's 3 weeks old!" Dad said.
"Can I name her?!?!" Luna asked.
"Of course, she's yours!" He said smiling big at her like she was at him.
"I'm gonna name her...uhmmmm-oh! I'm gonna name her Star! Because, like, Star and Moon! Cus cus, my name is Luna and Mommy told me that means moon in Spanish!" She said excitedly.
"Yeah, it does! And that's perfect, Luna!" He said as she ran into his arms for a hug.
"Thank you PopPop!" She said.
"You're welcome, sweetheart!" He got up and looked at me. He gave me the look that was like, 'sorry'. Honestly, I was happy that he brought this dog here. She had been begging Finn and me for a dog so this was perfect. This way, she wouldn't have to make a big decision about what type and what gender and all that.
"No, this is perfect. Thank you," I smiled and hugged him.
"You're welcome!" He said as he hugged me back.
"Look how cute she is!" Luna said as she held her carefully. "She's smiling! Look guys!" She said showing us Star's evident smile.
"Yeah, she is!" I said being excited for her.
"What about a bed and food for her...and toys and stuff?" She asked.
"That's all in my car," dad said.
"Oh! Okay, good!" She said smiling even bigger now.
"I'll go get it." He left then.
I knelt down by Luna and pet Star.
"She's so soft, isn't she, Mommy?!" She asked me.
"Yeah, she's sooo soft!" I said.
"You wanna hold her?" She asked me.
"Sure!" I took the dog and held her up to look at her.
"Well, you're just so cute, aren't you?" I said to her. She licked my face and Luna giggled at us.
"She likes you!" She said.
"Yeah, she does! I like her, too!" I said scratching behind her ears. Luna climbed back up onto the counter stool and put her hands on the table.
"I'm hungry still though, we can play with her later!" She said.
"Alright, here, I'll put her next to you so you can be with her still," I said placing Star on the chair next to Luna.
I got out my phone to take a picture. "Smile, Lu!" I said. Her and Star both smiled and I took the picture.
"I wanna see!" Luna said as I showed her the picture.
"Ooh, that's a good one!" She sang.
"Yeah, you guys are so cute!" I said smiling at her.
My dad came in with all the stuff.
"Thanks for this," I said.
"You're welcome, thought I'd help."
"Yeah, you did!" I hugged him.
He kissed my cheek and then looked once more at Luna.
"Have fun, Lu!" He said.
"Thanks! I love you!" She said to him as she blew a kiss his way.
"You're welcome, and I love you, too!" He said blowing her one back.
"I love you, Tess," he said hugging me once more and kissing my head.
"I love you, too," I said hugging him back and kissing his cheek.
Then he left.
"Alright, what would you like to eat?" I asked Luna as I came over and leaned my elbows on the counter. I looked into her eyes.
"Uhmmm, yogurt and apples?!" She asked.
"Okay, yogurt and apples. You're talking about the vanilla yogurt, right?" I asked her.
"Mhm, the kind that I dip the apples in."
"Alright, gotcha." I cut up the apples and put them in a bowl. Her favorite bowl again and then I put a few spoonfuls of yogurt in the bowl, too.
"You want a spoon? And what do you want to drink?" I asked her.
"Uhm, no spoon, and water please!" She said.
"Okay!" I got her some water and set it all in front of her.
"Thank you, Mommy!" She said.
"You're welcome, babe." I brushed a stray hair behind her ear.
"That tickled!" She giggled.
"Sorry!" I giggled back.
"It's okay!"
Then Finn came down. Oh, boy was he gonna be confused.
"Good morning, girls—why is there a dog in the kitchen?" He asked tiredly.
"Surprise!" I said.
"Where did it come from?" He asked rubbing his eyes.
"My Dad brought it over like 10 minutes ago," I said.
"Oh, well then, surprise it is! What's his or her name?" He asked.
"Herrr name is Star. Like moon and star. Because my name means moon!" Luna explained to him.
"Ahh, that's clever! How old is she?"
"She's uhmmm..." Luna tried to remember what my dad said. I secretly held up 3 fingers.
"Oh, three weeks old!" She did the same with her fingers.
"Well, she's super cute!" He said going over and kissing Luna's head then petting Star.
"I'm eating apples and yogurt, what are you gonna eat?" I was guessing that question was directed at both of us. So, I answered first.
"I'm gonna have some toast." I looked at Finn.
"I think I'm just gonna have some toast, too," he said.
"That's boring!" She said.
"It's okay, we're boring," he teased.
"Well, Mommy's not boring, but sometimes you're boring Daddy," she said to him.
"What?! No way!" He said pretending to be offended.
"Nooo, I'm just kiddin', Daddy! You're not boring!" She said smiling at him.
"Well, that's good!" He said.
"Mhm!" She continued to eat.
"You're boring," I giggled as I looked at him.
"Shhh," he looked at me and smirked.
"I'm jokinggg, you're not boring, you're just...stale-," he interrupted me.
"Stop ittt! I'm not!" He said as he chuckled a little.
"I'm joking, don't worry, you're far from boring or stale." He looked at me and then kissed me quick.
"Ewww, none of that in the kitchen!" Luna said.
"Yeah, Finn. Not in the kitchen," I teased.
"Welll, what if I do this in the kitchen..." he went over to Luna and kissed her cheek over and over a bunch of times.
"Stoppp it!" She giggled.
"What are you gonna do?!" He started to tickle her.
"Daddy, stoppp! I'm tryna eat!!!" She laughed loudly.
"Fine, fine, I'll stop. But I'll be back later!" He said getting his toast out of the toaster.
"I dare you," she said.
"I will!" He finished.
She smiled and continued eating. We all ate breakfast and then just hung out with Star and played with her the rest of the day. It was nice and calm. Luna was so excited about her new puppy and I was happy she finally had a dog to keep her occupied. I'm glad she was adjusting to the new house really quickly. It made me happy. They made me happy.