Chapter 45: Happy Birthday Part 2

~Nelle~

My dad came down only to find us cuddled up on the couch together. My mom was still so sad about me growing up. But it's okay because I knew I'd always be hers no matter what, it's not like she was gonna lose me. Not ever. 

My dad came over to us and mouthed to me, "Are you two okay?" I looked over at him and shook my head.

I slowly got off of my mom because I knew he wanted to come hold her. Maybe it would make her feel better too if he were with her. He can relate to her more than I can.

"I love you mommy, and daddy's here now," I said near her ear. I kissed her cheek and ran my nose against hers one last time. 

"I love you, too." She managed to get out.

I got off completely and he gave me a hug. I hugged him back and then pretended to go upstairs, but I was going to watch from the stairs.

~Zac~

I went over to Taylor and sat by her on the couch. Immediately she fell into me and cried. I wrapped her up tight in my arms and moved side to side a little. She was so broken right now. I understood her sadness about the kids growing up, but she still had all of them, and this is just how it goes. Don't get me wrong, I wish the kids could stay little all the time too, but they can't.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked her.

"No..." She squeaked.

"It's okay, you can just sit here with me for a minute," I said. She nodded slowly and breathed in deep through her nose then exhaled.

"It'll be okay, I promise," I tried to console her.

"I know that, but it's still so sad..." She said sadly.

"I understand, and yes it is," I said to her in the same tone. "But aren't you glad that she's growing up happy and healthy?" I asked her.

"Yes, of course, I just wish I had more time," she said.

"I know, me, too," I finished.

~Later That Day~(Nelle)

Mommy?!" I called to her from upstairs.

"Yeah?!" She called back.

"Can you come upstairs for a second please?" I asked her.

"Sure, I'm coming!" She said as I heard her coming up the stairs.

"Whatchya need?" She said coming into my room. Once she saw me she smiled big at what she saw. I decided to change out of my casual clothes into a dress and I did my hair. Well actually, daddy helped me curl my hair. I don't know how to use a curling iron yet.

"Do you like it?" I asked her playing with the ends of my dress. I was wearing a white dress that had little pink and yellow flowers all over it and a jean jacket. My hair was down and curled a little.

"I love it!" She said happily and came over to hug me. I hugged her back and then looked at her.

"Can I take your picture outside again?" She asked me.