Chapter 7: Still There...

~Taylor~

When I woke up Zac wasn't in bed with me.

"Zac?!" I shouted as I froze.

I heard footsteps coming. I was scared but I couldn't move.

The door slowly opened and Ryan was standing there.

"Hey sexy..Where's your lover-boy?" Ryan walked over to me and sat down next to me. He put his hand on my head and looked at me.

"Let me love you baby. I know we ended on a bad note, but I want you to love me again. So that we can be together again. Because if I can't have you...then no one can." He pulled a gun out of his pocket and placed it to my head.

I screamed and sat straight up.

"Hey! Hey, Taylor.......You're okay." Zac said as I curled up into his arms.

I just started crying.

"Shhh, it's okay, you're okay. I'm here. Just relax." He was stroking my hair with his hand and the other was wrapped around me keeping me safe.

I sniffled then looked up at him.
"Do you wanna tell me what you were dreaming about?" He asked.
I just looked at him stunned. My heart was racing and the hair around my forehead was clinging to my skin with sweat.

"He was gunna shoot me. I'm tired of feeling this way but recently it's like every time I close my eyes, I'm still there. In that house. With him." Zac pulled me up closer to him and kissed my head.
"But you're not there beautiful, you're here now, with me. In this house. And you're safe. I'll never let anything happen to you again. Not on my watch." I sat up and looked at him in the eyes. His blue eyes stared into mine. I just kissed him. He was so perfect, and perfect for me. We were perfect for each other. He kissed me back. "I love you." I said, our lips still together.
"I love you, too." He replied.
A few minutes later he had fallen asleep. I felt really bad for waking him up but I'm glad he went back to sleep.

~Zac~(The next Morning)
I felt so bad that Taylor was so miserable. Trapped inside her own mind and body. I hated seeing her this way because all I wanted to do was save her and make her realize everything is okay, so she can be happy again. And be the Taylor that I fell in love with the first minute I laid eyes on her. I was grateful that she was with me, but I just wished she could enjoy it and enjoy herself more. She's been getting better but she still has that glint of fear and sadness in her eyes when I look at her. It breaks my heart into a million pieces. There's this feeling inside me that I can't shake. I don't want to keep feeling this but, I feel like if Taylor gets better enough to the point where she doesn't even think about what happened, then she'll realize she doesn't need me and leave. I want to believe that she'll always need me, but she's such a strong, independent woman, that sometimes it's hard to tell. She's always been strong, and always will be. I'm so proud of her progress but I feel nervous. I'm the one who needs her now, I need her in my life otherwise I don't know what I'd ever do with myself. Who I'd be. Where I'd be. But I didn't want to know. I loved my life with Taylor in it and I didn't want anything to change that. Nothing. Not knowing what was in the future for us was the worst part. I wanted to be able to look forward to our new life together, not be afraid of what's to come. So I decided to just talk to Taylor. Just let her know what I'm thinking and feeling.

"Tay?" I yelled from upstairs, she was in the living room.

"Yeah?" She shouted back.

"Could I talk to you for a bit." I asked.

"Ha, we live together, so you can talk to me anytime. Plus, I love talking to you. Come on down." She laughed to herself. I was happy that she was in such a good mood.

I came down the stairs and sat down on the couch next to her. She looked over at me with her beautiful, big eyes.

"So, what's up?" She asked happily.

"Well, I've just been doing a lot of thinking and-" I looked up and her and the happy expression that she was previously wearing had faded to a serious, worried look.

"It's nothing bad, I've just been really worried lately...about you and I."

She furrowed her brows and a frown flipped her mouth upside down.

"How do you mean?" She asked scared to death.

"You're such a strong woman..." I started. "And I'm so proud of the progress you've been making, but I feel like you're gaining your strength so quickly, that sooner than later you're going to gain all your strength back and no longer need me in your life." I tried not to cry, but my face turned red, I could feel how hot it was getting. She raised her eyebrows and tilted her head down to look at me, as I turned my head away.

"Hey, Zac. I'm always going to need you in my life. Always. No matter how "strong" I get, I'm not goin' anywhere. You've not only helped me regain strength, but you've given me happiness and purpose again, and if I left I wouldn't be able to have that. Ever. You make me realize that there's nothing that I can't do when I'm with you. I don't want you to have to live in fear that one day I'm going to up and leave. Because I'm not. Also, I want you to know how much I appreciate everything that you've done for me and for always being here when I needed someone the most. Sometimes I get moody, or annoyed, but you always stick with me because you love me and I am so grateful for that. I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful for us. And I love you."

I just broke down crying. She wrapped her arms around me and kissed me. I kissed her back and she pulled away to look at me again. "Listen to me..." She started again.
"I'm always going to need you...and I'm always going to love you Zac. You're my world, my center. I don't wanna be anywhere else, with anyone else. Okay?" She tilted her head and looked deep into my eyes. I nodded and she kissed me one last time.
"Thank you Taylor...I love you too."

I was really happy that Taylor and I were becoming so close. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. I wanted to be able to protect her and care for her. I wanted to be able to hold her when she cried and keep her safe from any discomfort or sadness. She needed to be loved. And I wanted to be the one to love her. Forever and Always.

•That's the end of Chapter 7! I hope you enjoyed, I know it was short but I've been sick yesterday and today I was super busy, but I got it up as I promised a friend! Comment and vote! Lemme know! 💗 Much Love, BlueMoon 🌜💙•