Chapter 21: DNA

~Taylor~
I opened my eyes slowly and saw Zac laying peacefully right next to me. I was so lucky to wake up to that every morning.
He rolled over so his face was turned to me now.
"Goodmorning..." He grumbled.
"Morning, grumpy." I smiled.
He puckered out his bottom lip and pouted like a baby.
"Oh, you're fine!" I said smiling bigger at the sight.
His face went back to grumpiness.
"Can we just lay here for the whole day?" He asked grabbing my arm gently and rubbing it.
"Hm, I wish; but no. If you've forgotten, we have two beautiful princesses in this house."
"It's hard to forget...our princesses." He smiled now.
Then we heard a knock on the door.
"Shit.." I said quietly.
I pulled the covers back over both of us.
"What is it?" I called out.
"Can I come in mommy?" It was Melanie.
"Uhmm, yeah sure baby. It's open." I said to her.
She came in and walked over to me.
"Can I have some breakfast please?" She asked seriously.
"Of course, uhm-- just let me get ready quick and then I'll come downstairs okay? Why don't you pick out what you want.." I said to her.
"Okay!" She exclaimed and ran off shutting the door behind her.
I exhaled loudly.
"That was close." I turned to Zac.
"Just a little." He smiled. He pulled me down still by my arm and kissed me quickly.
"I love you.." He said softly and just stared at my face.
"I love you too.."
I smiled gently at him and did the same. I just looked at him. I titled my head slightly and blinked slowly.
"I can't tell you enough how beautiful you really are." He said quietly.
"Hmm, thank you.." I smiled and got up to get dressed.
I put on some light jeans with tips in them and then pulled on one of Zac's flannels. I brushed out my hair and then put it in a messy ponytail.
Zac got up shortly after and dressed himself then went to the bathroom.
I opened the door and walked through the hall. As I did this I stopped periodically to look at the pictures hung on the walls of Tessa and Melanie. And Zac and I. I smiled to my self. Then I went downstairs. Melanie was sitting at the table.
"Hey little one, ready for some food?" I asked her smiling.
"Yes please!" She said back and smiled too.
I made her some cereal and have her an orange with it.
"You want some milk babe?" I asked her opening the fridge.
"Sure." I poured it for her and then set the glass down next to her plate.
Zac came down then.
"Hey Mel, how'd you sleep?" He asked kissing her head as he went by.
"Good."
That's when Tessa came down.
"Did you two sleep good last night?" She asked smiling at us.
"Yes, thank you." I said to her.
"Did you have fun?" She smiled playfully, bouncing one eyebrows up then down again. Zac always does that when he's entertaining himself. It made me laugh a little.
"What do you mean?" I said, my heart racing.
"All I'm gunna say is, it might be time for a new bed frame. I think yours is getting a little rusty. It's kinda loud when your always "switching positions" so swiftly in the middle of the night." She knew we slept together and apparently she could hear the bed moving.
I just choked on my water a little.
"You alright?" She smirked, raising both of her eyebrows this time.
My eyes widened and I blushed deeply.
"Yeah! Of course!-" I nervously laughed. "Yes, I- uhm.. Zac?!"
"Melanie cover your ears really hard for a second." She did as he said.
"Yes we had sex... is that a problem?" He said to her smirking back.
Her eyes widened and she cocked her back.
"Oh my god... I'm too young to hear this stuff!" She covered her ears.
"And yes it was really fun!!! Thank you!!" Zac yelled so she would hear him through her hands.
"NOO STOPP!!!" She yelled back as she shut her eyes tightly.
Zac looked at me and laughed.
I shut my mouth and smiled, holding in a laugh as Tessa put her hands down back to her sides.
She inhaled through her nose and closed her eyes again.
Then she let her breath out through her mouth and relaxed her shoulders.
"You're the one who brought it up Tessa.." I said smiling at her.
"Yeah but, you didn't have to be so blunt about, gosh." She smiled too letting me knows she wasn't too bothered.
"Well it's laugh so I guess it's fine." She said crossing her arms.
"You're right. It is love. But you can't have love until you're over 25!" Zac said to her.
"God, don't worry! Not planning on it anyway!"
"Okay enough of this." I laughed lightly.
"What do you girls want to do today?"
My phone started ringing.
"Hold that thought." I ran over to the counter and picked up my phone.
"Hello?" I said.
"Hi is this Ms. Efron?" A man asked.
"Yes, this is she."
"I'm Carson Fischer. I'm a DA from the New York court house. I'm calling to inform you that a team of police officers will be over at your house to pick up Tessa today. Have her ready by 1 pm."
"Wait what?! Why?!" I yelled into the phone.
No answer.
"Hello?!?!" They hung up.
"Ugh, what the hell!?" I slammed my phone down.
Zac came over to me.
"Girl can you go upstairs please?"
The girls nodded and then Tessa took Melanie by the hand and they walked up the stairs.