Chapter 35

Please Don't Die...
Chapter 35

(Jacks POV)
The ride to the hospital felt like forever. Staring at Sammy's pale face, and holding her cold hand, made me even more worried, I could tell Daniel was feeling the same.
We have all grown close to her, and feel like she's a big part of our lives, but here we are again, in an ambulance. That's twice in 2 days, only this time, it was an accident.

The ambulance pulled into the hospital emergency parking spot, and the paramedic driving ran around to open the ambulance doors. They wheeled Sammy into the hospital, with Daniel and I still holding her hands.
We got to these big double doors, and a nurse asked us to let go of her hands. I hesitated at first, but then let go, so did Daniel. We stood there, watching Doctors and Nurses shove tubes and needles into Sammy from the small windows in the double doors. Logan, Zach, Jonah and Corbyn ran through the front doors of the hospital and came up beside us. Daniel and I were crying slow, silent tears, hoping they wouldn't notice. Jonah and Logan pulled us back from the doors, into the waiting room. Everyone sat down, except for me. I paced around the room, trying to think about anything but Sammy. Zach called me over, and I sat down in the waiting room chair next to him.
Z- You two are a mess, what happened in the ambulance? Is Sammy okay?
J- A-a-umm
I couldn't speak, I shot Daniel a 'help me' look, and he started to explain.
D- The paramedic said that Sammy could be- could be brain dead, and before you ask, it means that her body will be healthy, but her brain won't work, and she will never wake up... The shard of glass may have gone through her skull and into her brain.
Jo- Holy s...
C- Seamonkey.
L- What?
C- Nevermind.
Z- Jeez Corbyn, your so weird.
C- I know. There once was a little bullfrog...
I let out a little smile, and Jonah noticed.
Jo- Ayyyy you got Jack to smile a little, that's a tough job, the only time I've ever seen Jack smile, is in pictures he is forced to smile in, and----- and when he's with Sammy...
The smile disappeared from my face, and sadness filled my body once again.
Jo- I'm sorry bro, she's going to be fine, I'm sure of it.
I nodded a little, but I knew she wasn't going to be 'fine'.
D- Yo what happened to the cool bus? Who crashed into us?
L- Some old lady came out of the parking garage, not looking where she was going, and crashed into the side of the bus. Fortunately, the Cool Bus is made of hard metal, there's only a small dent in the side. I can get it fixed at West Coast Customs.
D- Is the old lady okay?
L- Just a few bruises on her arm, that's it.
I huffed, stood up and walked outside, I was so angry.
How could the stupid old lady get away with a few bruises, and then Sammy is almost dead. It's not fair. Sammy literally was doing nothing wrong, she was siting down watching all of us being stupid. If anyone should be dying, it should be me.
Once I had calmed down, I walked in to the waiting room, where all the other guys were.
D- You okay bro?
J- Yeah, just a little pissed.
D- Tell me about it.
J- Oh Jonah, how's your arm? Is it broken?
Jo- Nah, just a little sprain.
He pulled up his jumper sleeve, to reveal a small bandage cast.
C- TWINSIES!!
Corbyn rolled up his sleeve to reveal the same cast on his right arm.
J- A sprain too?
C- Yep.
Jo- Yo you should have seen Zach after you and Daniel left, he was concussed and passed out onto a parking meter, it was the funniest thing ever.
Everyone started laughing, including Zach, I even let out a little giggle.

A couple of hours passed, and it was now 3:00pm. Still no update on Sammy. Corbyn, Logan and Zach were sleeping in their chairs, Jonah and Daniel were on their phones, and I sat in my chair, staring at the big double doors.
I saw a head move passed the door, and immediately stood up. A doctor wearing a blue mouth mask, pushed open the doors and made his way over to me.
Doc- Are you guys family or friends of Samantha?
He said, talking his mask off.
J- Yes, yes we are, is Sammy okay.
Daniel and Jonah pushed Logan, Corbyn and Zach, to wake them up. All there eyes opened, and widened at the sight of the doctor. They all got up, and stood eagerly next to me.
Doc- I'm afraid I have some bad news...

1 vote for next chapter