Chapter 147 - The Value of Happiness

Start from the beginning

"I know, Michael. Trust me...I'm not expecting us to be best friends or anything." 

"I know. Just be careful, alright?" he says laying a soft kiss on my forehead before walking out. 

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I'll be back. I just need to do something." he calls out. 

Michael's POV

I didn't like this. I didn't like this at all. 

I know I've stuck up for Karen in the past, and I know I always wanted her and Tatiana to have some sort of understanding.

Something didn't feel right.

I still had my reservations about her. Especially when it came to Tatiana.

I walk down the hall as quickly as I can, knocking on Karen's door. The door swings open. 

"Michael!" Karen says in surprise as I quickly rush inside. 

"What are you trying to pull, Karen?" I ask as she closes the door behind us staring at me. 

"What am I trying to pull?" she asks slowly. 

"Don't play games, Karen." I scoff. "What are you trying to pull with Tatiana?"

"What do you mean what I'm trying to pull with her?" she asks. "After our talk last night, I thought about it. I wanted to bury that bad blood with Tatiana, and I." she says. "For you." 

I look down at the floor, before putting my hands in my pocket. I slowly walk towards her before staring down at her. 

"If this is some sort of conniving trick on your part to hurt Tatiana, Karen..it's not going to be Tatiana that will get you. I'm not even going to have Frank handle it. I will be coming after you myself." I say slowly as her eyes grow cold.

 I stare at her a moment longer before walking to the door.

"Are you threatening me, Michael?" Karen asks as I look back her. "Is that what it's going to be like now? After how many years I've worked with and for you?" she spats.

I slowly turn around staring into her eyes. I close them for a moment before letting out a deep sigh, turning away. 

"I'm saying that I'm putting the woman I'm in love with first. Now and forever." I say before walking out. 

Paul's POV

I didn't know who threw the first punch of the day, but suddenly a fist was slammed into my face. Blood pooled in her mouth as I gagged. Stars burst in my vision before I'm met with a sloppy kick.

I close my eyes gritting my teeth in pain, as I furrow my eyebrows. I feel the chains dig into my wrists as I bite down on my lip tasting blood. 

"That's enough..." I hear a voice say as I open my eyes hazily. My vision is blurred but I could still make out Jack's figure as he takes off his jacket tossing it in a chair. 

"Ahhh Paul!" he grins clapping his hands together before rubbing them. "I see you have a new look..."

I'm pretty sure by now I was close to unrecognizable. My face and entire body was completely covered in bruises, blood, or swollen. 

I restrain myself from laughing out. The fact that someone can stand back and watch their child be injured unless they are a defective moron...or Jack.

"Whap!" 

I open my eyes tiredly seeing Jack standing before me, his hands stretched against the table. I blink slowly seeing two photos, side by side. 

One photo was of Tatiana and the other of Michael. 

"You know something, Paul?" Jack says staring down at the two photos.  

"Let's play a game..." he grins as he walks around the table as he stands directly in front of me. 

"Do you know how to play  'would you rather?" he asks staring in my eyes with a smirk on his face. "Here's how we'll start..." he says as I swallow painfully, licking my dry lips.

"Would you rather be with LaToya or Tatiana?" he asks as I shoot my eyes at him. 

He chuckles lowly running a hand down his face before looking over at me. "Would you rather save Tatiana or LaToya?" he asks as I feel my nose flare with anger building up inside me. 

"You wouldn't dare get near, Tatiana." I hiss hoarsely.

Even though I wasn't on good terms with Michael, I knew he wouldn't let any physical harm come her way. 

But who would take care of LaToya?

I clench my jaw angrily staring at him. Why am I even actually contemplating this?

"How about would you rather..." he puts his hands in his pocket, in amusement. "Would you rather let me have Latoya or Tatiana?"

I feel all the anger in me build up as I painfully lunge at him only to be restrained by the rusted chains. 

He chuckles as he gets face to face with me. "I always knew you were like me....you never struck me as a one woman type of man." 

I stare him down before spitting right in his face. He immediately strikes me in the face as I groan out in pain. 

"I'd watch it if I were you. You've only been alive this long because you are my son."

"Allegedly." I whisper hoarsely, as I wince in pain. 

"Let me ask you this." Jack says turning back to me holding the two photos up. "Who should die? Michael or Tatiana?" he asks. 

"Do you think I'd really answer that?" I spat my heart immediately aching as I stare at Tatiana's photo. 

He smirks as Joel comes to my side pressing a cool metal piece to my head. "You don't have a choice."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys, this chapter took awhile because I was trying to make it longer than I typically do. 

But who do you think Paul's choice will be?

Is Karen really genuine about her apology?

Vote/Comment

xoxo

moonwalkergal