Chapter 57- Strength

Michael's POV

I'm on the stage crying as Tatiana voice sings. I hear my part come up....and I can't do it. I'm being chocked by tears....but the audience sings with Tatiana's voice.

"Just Can't Stop Loving You

I Just Can't Stop Loving You

And If I Stop . . .

Then Tell Me Just What

Will I Do.........."

I pick up the mic and sing. "C-cause I can't stop lovin you..." I sing. I wipe my tears shaking my head, struggling to get up.

"Come on, Michael." Tatiana's voice says in my head. "Don't you give up. Keep going....don't you do this to me...."

When I finally do, the crowd yells and cheers in encouragement. I have to do this....for Tatiana...

**

I couldn't watch the news about Tati, its just a constant reminder how I screwed up. How I killed her. I completely shattered when IJCSLY played. Just the memories of her and I......her smile...our first kiss..

And just that she had to die....for me to realize that I loved her. The fact that she died for me to actually realize I was living a lie about how I felt for her....it makes me feel like the biggest coward was supposed to love and protect her. She was my responsibility. And now her blood is in my hands.

Why did I have to let my ego get in the way? I could have at least kept her on tour.

I look at the clock. It's about 10' in LA. I stare at the phone and picks it up slowly dialing.

“Hello?” Eva answers.

"Eva?" I whisper.

Eva's POV

The voice on the other end was drained, raspy, and sick.

“It’s Michael.” Michael says quietly. As if he was expecting me to yell at him....

“Michael?” I ask again. “Y-You don’t sound too well.”

That was an understatement. Michael's voice was always soft....but it was more alive..

 “I know…” he clears his throat but his voice is still weak.

“I-I wanted to call......” his voice starts to break. "I-I'm so sorry....." I hear him cry softly.

As a mother. You want to protect your child from everything. And after all the pain Tatiana went through already with Rachel, Jack and everyone. You just want to lock them in their room. Keep them growing up, and dealing with more hurt.  From all the pain, heartache...and how badly I wanted to be angry . But I couldn't....my heart was breaking for him. I know he loves Tatiana.

“Michael,” I sigh his name. “Why did you get rid of my daughter like that?”

“I-I....shouldn't have done it. I didn't trust her." he starts to cry.

"You didn't trust her..." I repeat.

“I’m so sorry,” He apologizes again, at a loss for words. “If I didn’t fire her, your daughter wouldn’t be dead. It’s my fault and my responsibility.”

Wait what?

“Michael…” I say my eyes furrowed, “Tatiana—She’s not dead.”

“What?” Michael says shocked. "W-what do you mean she's not dead?"

"I mean, Tatiana is alive. She didn't die in the crash...." I say softly trying to get him to understand.

“She’s… She’s alive?!” Michael says his voice still soft.

“Yes,” I reply. “But she’s in a coma.”

He stays silent trying to process the thought.

“A coma?” Michael repeats.

“Yes, she’s on life support.”  “She’s been unconscious for over six hours, she scored a 2 on the GCS test and she failed to respond to stimuli, light, sounds… but her heart is still beating.”

"W-will she be okay?" Michael says his voice even lighter and softer.

"I hope so....I believe she will...." I say trying to convince myself.

“She survived that whole thing.................” he said in disbelief.

"My daughter has always been a strong girl..." I say quietly. He stays silent for a moment.

“Listen…” he starts off. “When she wakes up, and if I don't make it there… Can you tell her that I love her? She needs to know that.”

“I will.” I say a smile suddenly appearing on my face. "I know she loves you too..." I say softly.

“I know,” Michael sighs. “Listen… It’s still my responsibility. You know she wouldn’t be in this situation if it wasn’t for me. I’m the reason why this happened. And I’m all the way in Canada.....I don't know how soon I can be there...or if I can ."

“How exactly are you going to help if you’re in Canada?”

“Let me pay her hospital bill.” he says. It didn't sound like a request, it sounded like an order.

"Michael.." I say. "I-I cant....."

"Please." he begs. "I want to..."

I stay quiet for a moment. David...he would like this. He really hates Michael right now.

"I'll make it anonymous..so Tatiana wont know." he says.

"Or David..." I think to myself.

"Okay...." I sigh. "Thank you..."

"I'll call back soon." he says softly as he hangs up.

Paul's POV

"Would you like any coffee or anything, Mr. Walker?" a nurse says. I shake my head. As she walks out I sigh. This is going to be my first time seeing her....

I can't do this.

But my feet have a mind of their own as I slowly walk in her room. The room is filled with sounds of machinery and beeping. I swallow and slowly look from her feet and bring myself to look up at her more and more. I walk closer to her and there Tatiana was covered in bruises and cuts. Her curly hair is in ribbons all over her pillow.

"Tatiana...." I whisper softly. I slowly sit in the chair next to her taking her hand.

"P-please...come back. I love you..."

---------------------------------------------

Hey! Hope you enjoyed (: <3

Holy crap over 800 and something votes!

Vote/Comment

xoxo,

moonwalkergal