Chapter 147 - The Value of Happiness

Start from the beginning

"Do I make you happy?" I ask looking up at him. He smiles gently pressing his lips against my temple as he whispers softly;

"You make me happy more than anyone. You have always been there for me and you never wanted anything from me, but for me to be there for you and to love you with my dear heart. If it's anything, I don't deserve you....you're an angel....you're so sweet and your spirit, it cleanses me. It refreshes me. You are someone I treasure, my heart belongs to you and only you. You're my happy thought, Wendy." 

I blush deeply as he chuckles biting his lip staring down at me. "Now why did you ask that?"

"I spoke to Karen--" I say slowly. 

He furrows his eyebrows his smile fading. "You what?"

I shake my head walking past him as I toss the towel in the chair. "She stopped me after dance rehearsal, she wanted to talk." 

"She what?" Michael stares at me, furrowing his eyebrows. "About what?"

I grab a bottle of water, twisting the cap, as I shake my head in disbelief. "She wanted to apologize....." I say slowly. "She apologized....." 

Michael crosses his arms, his eyes widening. "She apologized?" he practically chokes out. 

I nod slowly. 

"Like a genuine apology?" he asks. 

"A genuine apology. Straight from the heart." I say as Michael stares at me in utter disbelief. 

"Are we talking about the same Karen?" he chuckles. "Karen Faye?"

"Mhhm..." I hum stripping out of the sweaty shirt that was sticking to my skin.

"Did you believe her?"

I pause for a moment letting it sink in before looking back at him. "I guess...I guess I do in a way." I say before going into the bathroom. 

"You're joking right?" Michael asks following after me. "You didn't get into a fight with her?"

"No. I'm almost offended you'd think such a thing." I smirk giving him a playful look as he stares at me worried.

"Baby, it's just...it's just that..." he furrows his eyebrows. "You know with the things that have happened between you and her... and things going on lately--"

"I know...." I sigh out, pulling my hair back. "And you were right. I was overthinking. Maybe it's just a case of tour craziness and things in the past, and I'm being paranoid."

Michael flutters his eyes quickly as he raises his eyebrows, leaning against the wall. "You mean to tell me..." he chuckles. "That you think I'm right?"

"I mean, I think that...she actually cares about you. That she was looking out for you, you know?" 

Michael stares at me for a moment silently. "You what?"

"I think she was just looking out for you." 

Michael opens his mouth before closing it. "I--" he pauses. "I don't know what to say..." he says slowly furrowing his eyebrows. 

"I thought you'd be happy we settled our issues...or hers." I say as he runs a hand through his hair. 

"I spoke with her last night-- and I told her how I felt about you to her." he says slowly. "I just didn't expect for her to you know...." he pauses. "Wow..." 

He stays silent for a moment before looking back at me. "Tatiana, just be careful. I-..." he pauses. "I just would be careful with it, okay?" he says softly. "You can't take everyone's word as the truth. I've learned that the hard way time and time again."