╟ Chapter 131: Corrida Colosseum ╢

Start from the beginning

You raised a brow as you saw at the distance two officers chasing a soldier toy around the Colosseum. Said toy was missing a foot, using his only one to surf pass the bystanders to jump inside the impressive building.

"You guys are too slow! Look! I have my foot in the Colosseum!" taunted the toy soldier. "You know the law, don't you?! Heh, the police and the Marines are not allowed inside! Even if a criminal is in the Colosseum, it's not your jurisdiction! The only rule of law in here is that of the Don Quixote Family! If you pull that trigger, you will become a criminal yourself!"

The police officers gritted their teeth in frustration, but didn't push it. They turned down the chase, and disappeared around the corner. While the two guys behind you commented about how it was weird for an arrogant toy to be on a wanted list, the soldier jumped from the window and landed beside you.

"Oh, elderly people! Do you want me to carry your bag or something?" the toy offered.

"Eh? He became polite all of a sudden" said in disbelief Franky.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING OLD?" you snarled, kicking the toy in one of the Colosseum's walls.

"Er...He wasn't talking about you, Silvers..."

"Sorry, ma'am. Very sorry, ma'am" whimpered the solider, falling on his side. His body spasmed weirdly, looking funny to your captain who couldn't hold in his chuckles.

"What a funny toy soldier!" laughed the ebony male.

"Ah? Am I funny? What about this?" the toy fooled around while the boy laughed out loud of his antics.

"Can you please just get out of our way?" you sighed, folding your arms across your chest.

"Oh, I was in your way. I'm sorry!" the soldier's face turned bright red.

"Blushing much. You're a serious guy, aren't you?"

"N-No way!" spluttered the toy, shaking his head. "Toys have to make people smile! There is no such a thing as a serious toy!"

"Ha! He took it personally!" snorted Luffy.

"We're closing entries from the public for today's competition!" announced a woman with a skimpy outfit that resembled a gladiator. "I don't think anyone from the public wants to enter. They're all cowards!"

"Hey Luffy! I guess we have to go in separately" pointed out Franky.

"Ah? Okay. Oi! Here, here! I want to enter!!" shouted Luffy, bouncing his way to the receptionist who jumped in surprise.