~Chapter 1~

~Roman's POV~

I grab my red and white backpack and check myself out in the mirror before I leave my dorm. Walking casually to class I notice the sun setting; it's quite beautiful with the warm colors fading into the soon to be darkness. I look at my pristine gold watch and it reads: 7:30pm. My first class is at 8pm so I quicken my pace. I am excited for tonight's classes because it is a new semester and that means I finally get to take drama!

I made it to my Advanced History class early as the cause of my hurried pace. Walking over to my seat in the front row, I look around to see who is here also. There are a few kids on the other side of the room and one kid in the back of the room alone. He looks annoyed at something for some unknown reason. He is wearing a dark purple t-shirt with raven black pants and a jacket covering his shirt. It doesn't seem like he is doing anything but his face looks as if he is observing everything. His face scrunches up and his head quickly turns to look directly at me. I look away almost immediately and I start shifting my papers around on my desk.

More and more students begin to walk in and I soon push the thoughts of the odd stranger into the back of my mind. I go through the rest of the class happily doing my work. When the class is dismissed its around 9pm because the classes last about an hour. I walk out of the classroom to head to my next class. It takes me about five minutes to get to the auditorium and I sit in the very front of the room. My legs begin to shake as the class begins because of my excitement.

"Hello students!" said the equally thrilled professor. "My name is Patton so just call me that, okay kiddos? I've decided that we are each going to stand up and say a cool fact about ourselves so we can learn more about one another." As soon as Patton finished saying that everybody but a few groan at the thought of this childish task. I personally think it is a great idea. I look around to see if I can recognize anyone and I can with a few. And again, in the very back of the room, in the most unlit area, sits the guy I saw earlier.

"May I start?" I ask Patton, standing up and facing all of the other students.

"Of course, kiddo! Go ahead." He looks cheerfully at me before gesturing to the class.

"Well, my name is Roman. I enjoy sunshine and beautiful things. The creative arts," I say raising my hands in a graceful fashion, "and Disney of course." I smile at everyone and I sit down. Patton points at the person next to me and they slowly stand up to say what they wish. Many people have gone by when the mysterious boy's turn. He rolls his eyes before he slowly stood up.

"My name is Virgil. I like the night and I don't want to be here." His voice was deep and velvet-like. When he stood up you could see him clearly. He has dark purple hair and a very pale face. He was quite dashing to be honest.

"Well, don't have such a bad attitude kiddo! We'll have tons of fun in this class." Patton added to what Virgil said. Virgil. Such an unique name. "Okay, we don't have much time left so you can talk among yourselves." Looking over at Virgil, I begin to walk towards him but I heard something behind me. I look to see what it was but there was nothing there so I turn to keep on my journey to make a new, mysterious friend. But he wasn't there. Virgil just kind of vanished. I look around to see if anyone else noticed but no one did.