thirty nine

It is now ten pm and Dr. Martinez had just informed us that it is time to push. Nursed come in and I grow super nervous as Grayon and my mom stand on each side of the bed. Everyone else is in the waiting room since we could only have so many people in here.

I look up at Grayson as they position my body where I am about to start pushing. Grayson gives me a reassuring smile before wiping hair off my forehead and giving me a soft kiss. "You've got this baby. Just a few minutes and we get to meet our girls." He tells me. I nod my head and let out a big breath.

"Okay, Hayden. Are you ready?" Dr. Martinez asks. I nod my head and grip both Grayson and my moms hands.

"You can do this, H." My mom says, encouraging me that I will be able to handle this.

I begin pushing for a good five seconds before breathing for a second. We repeat this before she instructs me to do one more big push. Baby B, Rosalie June Dolan, begins to come out. Her cries are heard and it melts my heart as Grayson looks over at her, a tear breaming in his eyes.

"She's so beautiful baby." He tells me.

"Born May 13, 2022 at ten fifteen pm." Dr. Martinez says.

I want to hold her but they take her away to be cleaned. We begin to start pushing and I feel concerned when Dr. Martinez has a worried look on her face. I look at Grayson who holds the same expression as me which makes me squeeze his hand tighter.

"We're gonna have to do a c-section." She demands, getting up quickly.

"What?" I let out a worried breath, almost sounding like a whimper.

"Baby A is having trouble wanting to come out. She's fine but we have to hurry." She gives me a smile but the smile doesn't make me feel less panicked. They hand Grayson a pair of scrubs before we head down to the area where they do c-sections.

I hold Grayson's hand the entire time and he says anything and everything to calm my nerves. He talks about Rosalie and then how his mom went through the same thing to have him. It makes me laugh and feel a little better, which will lead for family conversations in the near future.

I close my eyes and thats when it hits me I am officially a mommy since one of my girls have been born. When a loud cry is heard, my eyes perk open and I look at Grayson feeling tears bream in my eyes. She's finally here and will get o be with her sister soon.

"Bailey Marie Dolan." Grayson whispers as the hand her to him so he can show me her. She cries before Grayson brings her closer to me. I cry when I see her, kissing her forehead before they take her away to clean her.

-
I am now back in the room and I finally get to see Rosalie. They bring her to me and I start to cry again as I hold her in my arms and bring her to my chest. She is sound asleep and I immediately feel so much love and joy. I kiss her forehead softly as Grayson observes, begging to hold her.

He carefully takes her, holding her and cooing at her. He smiles at me before back at her. "Hi baby girl, it's daddy. I love you more than you know." He tells her, kissing her forehead just like I previously did.

The door creaks open and a nurse walks in with Bailey. She asks me if I want to hold her and of course I said yes. I take her into my arms and smile when she looks up at me with her curious eyes. She yawns when I take one of her tiny hands and play with it.

"It's good to do some skin to skin contact with the babies." She informs us. We nod our heads before she leaves the room and it is now just the two of us.

Grayson carefully sets Rosalie in her bed before taking his shirt off and picking her back up. He sits in the chair beside the bed and holds her to his chest. She is still sound asleep and Grayson doesn't take his eyes off of her.

I hand him Bailey as well so the girls can be close together and so Bailey can have time with her daddy too. She immediately falls asleep at the contact of his skin and I decide I will do the same after the family comes up to visit the girls.

About ten minutes later, everyone walks in quietly and their mouths are wide open when they see them. My dad cries when he see's them and looks at me.

"I'm so proud of you. You are going to be a wonderful mother you know that?" He asks me. I nod my head and smile as Lisa comes to give me a hug.

We talk about the c-section and retells me the story about the birth of Grayson but I don't mind. It's a sweet moment we get to share and and I am in pure awe when I see my dad and Sean holding the girls.

Everyone stays for the next two hours so they can all have a little time with each baby. Ethan and Emercyn stay the longest so we can all talk because after all, they are mine and Grays best friends and we tend to spend more than five hours with each other each day. Today that did not happen.

"They are so tiny. I can't wait to spoil them." Emercyn says, staring at them as they sleep beside my bed.

"They are gonna be so spoiled. Grayson's already talked about getting them each one of those super expensive swings." I quietly laugh.

"I can't wait for Grant to meet them." Ethan tells us, wrapping his arm around Grayson. "I'm proud of you both. You're gonna be great parents to these girls considering how good you are with Grant." He adds.

"Thanks E." Grayson and I say in unison. He leans forward and kisses me softly.

Around Mid-night the two of them leave and I feel myself growing tired. All I want to do is stay up all night and watch them, even if all they are doing is sleeping. Both of them are wrapped in their blankets from Lisa, as well as their little elephants beside them. The girls lay in the same bed, it made them go to sleep faster.

"Baby, go to sleep. You've been up all day." Grayson whispers, rubbing my arm.

"But the girls-"

"Will be fine baby. You'll wake up if they cry and I'm going to be up editing the birth video." He informs me. I nod my head as I pull him down to kiss him.

"Okay. Goodnight, I love you." I whisper.

"I love you."

At the sound of his soft words, I rest my head on the pillow and shut my eyes, allowing sleep to take over my exhausted body.