thirty three

"I can't believe it's already October." Emercyn sighs as we push Grant in his stroller through a pumpkin patch. I nod my head in agreement because it's actually crazy just how fast time flies the older you get.

Grayson and Ethan are currently picking out pumpkins and putting them in a basket for us all to carve. Grant isn't old enough to but we also wanted to for fun.

Grant starts to cry so Emercyn tends to him while I sit on a bench and watch her mother her son. Grant instantly stops crying when she hands him a bottle. She picks him up out of the stroller and rocks her four month old as we watch little children play around in the pumpkin patch.

Grant is four months and Grayson and I have been married for two. It amazes me the way time works. Although certain things feel like they are so far away, they really aren't when you think of how fast time flies by.

I wrap my arms around my aching stomach but also because the cool breeze makes it feel colder than it actually is. I see Grayson from a far pretending to throw a pumpkin at Ethan which makes me laugh.

"Hayden, are you okay?" Emercyn asks as she puts Grant back in his stroller. I nod my head before shaking it. She gives me a concerned look and i give her a fake smile.

"What's wrong? Talk to me." She says a little quieter as we get off the bench and head to the boys. I grab her hand and stop her in place as I chew on my lip from being nervous. Why am I nervous?

"I don't really feel good." I groan.

"Like throw up not feel good or period not feel good?" She asks. I hold up a number one and throw my head back as I groan.

"Have you thrown up today?"

"This morning."

"When was your last period?"

I shrug my shoulders and groan from annoyance. Telling her my problem turned into 21 questions and I just want to go home and lay in bed. She gives me wide eyes before turning to the boys.

"Are you gonna tell Grayson?"

"Tell him what? That I'm pregnant? We don't even know for sure. I don't want to get his hopes up because he really want a baby." I explain to her. She nods her head before telling me that we'll have the boys watch Grant tonight while we go to buy me a pregnancy test. I nod my head as we walk to the boys.

"I got you this one and this one for me." Grayson says, pointing to the pumpkins in the wagon. I give him a thumbs up and a kiss on the cheek before looping my arm through his.

We walk to where you buy the pumpkins and after we do, we say our goodbyes to Emercyn and Ethan after Em asks Grayson if he'd hang with Ethan tonight while Emercyn treats me tonight. The boys were absolutely clueless because they asked no questions and Grayson was all up for it.

I hug Emercyn and whisper for her to text me when we should do it. I wave to Ethan as he holds Grant before getting in the car with Grayson.

Immediately when Grayson turns the radio on, Perfect begins to play. I look over to see him already staring back. I give him a smile and reach over the console to hold his hand. He intertwines his fingers with mine before bringing my hand up to his and kissing my knuckles.

"Okay now pay attention to the road, babe." I laugh, pointing at the dirt road ahead of us.

-

"Babe, are you ready?" Grayson asks me from downstairs. I shout back yes as I slip on my handy dandy converse and grabbing my purse.

As I reach the end of the stairs, Grayson hands me one of his hoodies so I could have something to keep me warm. I take it in one hand before wrapping the other around his neck to bring him close to me. I kiss him softly a few times before he tells me lets go.