twenty five

Today is the day and quite an emotional one

Today is the day and quite an emotional one. This morning has been hectic as we had to pick up Avery, Olivia, Eric, Alek, and Mason from the airport. Thank god my family came two days ago or that would be a lot of people to pick up.

The boys left with the twins while the girls and I sit at Emercyn's moms house getting ready for Emercyn's big day. She sits in the living room on a chair while a makeup artist covers her face in high end make up. Her laughter fills the room along with the soft music lightly blaring from the speakers in the living room.

I walk over to my mom and aunt, handing them glasses of champagne. My aunt doesn't let her eyes leave her beautiful daughter. I think she is still in shock that this day has finally come.

I run upstairs to my room and grab a small envelope that Ethan asked me to give to Emercyn. When her hair and makeup is completely done, I hand it to her. As soon as she reads who it's from, the biggest smile forms on her face.

"Do I read it out loud?"  She asks.

"That's up to you." I tell her.

She nods her head and takes a deep breath.

"My beautiful bride to be, oh how I love you so much. The past eight years have been absolutely amazing with you and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Not even our miracle baby that we made through all the love we have for each other. As you read this, I'm sure you are getting ready to walk down the aisle to me. I wish time would tick faster so I can hold you in my arms already. Thank you for making the past few years so amazing and I can't for the rest to come. My beautiful angel, I am so thankful for you. See you soon.

- Your best friend and soon to be forever."

Tears begin to form in her eyes before we all have to remind her she has makeup on. That's when I realize I should have given it to her sooner. We all give her hugs as she goes on about how precious he is before Cameron adds on how annoying he is in a joking manner.

"Thank you for blessing me with the sweetest boy ever." She tells Lisa as her soon to be mother-in-law brings her into a warm hug.

The next few minutes are filled with us getting into our bridesmaid dresses and wedding dress. I take one look at Emercyn and feel like the biggest celebrity had just walked past me with how gorgeous she looked. I can only imagine what Ethan will think as soon as he see's her.

"Em!" I gasp as I make her spin so I can get a 360 view. "My cousin is absolutely breath taking."

"This will be you soon." She smirks.

"Yeah right." I laugh as I take her hand.

"Everyone, to the limo!" My aunt calls so we can head to the wedding.

The ride was filled with laughter, memories, and jamming to all of Emercyn's favorite songs. The closer we got, the more nervous she was which was so cute because when it came to E, she never got nervous.

We finally arrive and our moms walk our first. I immediately see Grayson who waits for me with the biggest smile. As soon as he see's me, he walks over to me and brings me into the biggest hug.

"You, look so beautiful." He whispers as he kisses me.

"I love you, you know that?"

"I do. And I love you so so much." He responds, linking his arm in mine as we begin to take our place and get ready to walk down the aisle.

It feels like minutes but really seconds before it's our cue to walk down the aisle. After Grayson and I walk, the rest of the girls and groomsmen do as well.

Ethan bites his lips nervously which causes Grayson to have to whisper a few things to calm him down. He chuckles nervously before 'I Can't Help Falling In Love' begins to play, which meant Emercyn is seconds from walking down the aisle with her father.

As she comes into view, tears begin to form in Ethan's eyes at the sight of his bride. Emercyn would look from the ground to Ethan with the worlds biggest smile. I can feel my own tears building up as my Uncle hands her to Ethan.

After every sits back down, the officiant clears his throat before beginning to speak.

"Do you Emercyn, take Ethan to be your husband?"

"I do." She says confidently.

"Do you Ethan, take Emercyn to be your wife?"

"I do." He nods his head and smiles at Em.

"Emercyn and Ethan have decided to write their own vows today." The officiant says, turning to Emercyn.

I pass Em her small paper with her vows on it. She unfolds it nervously and clears her throat before beginning to read.

"My dearest Ethan, I am so honored to be the one getting to share the rest of your life with you. From the moment I met you, life has been the most amazing and beautiful adventure. You taught me how to love myself and to love all that is given to me. You showed me how to have fun in any situation even when I was at my lowest. Never did I think, I would be marrying my best friend who is now the absolute love of my life. You have blessed my life in ways I can't even explain. You are my everything. You are my hero. I promise to cherish every moment that I have with you to devote all my love to you. I can't wait to raise our baby boy with you and watch you show him how to love all like you once did me. I promise to support you through all and do everything in my will to be the best wife to you as I can be. I wouldn't trade any of this, for anyone or anything. I love you, Ethan." Emercyn folds back up the paper and hands it to me.

Tears are streaming down her face and I am sure I look almost just the same. I sniffle and wipe my eyes as Ethan gets ready to read his.

"Emercyn, my best friend and the love of my life. You have taken over my world with that beautiful smile of yours and I am so excited to spend every day of my life, waking up to it. I can't wait to see what is in store for us and our future as we take on the world as one after today. I am so blessed that you walked into my life eight years ago and became someone I knew would be here forever. I knew from the moment we met that something was so different about you, even at such a young age. As soon as we began to date at 15, I knew you would be around for a very long time. Through all the ups and downs, you stuck around with my weird and stubborn self and I am so so thankful. Because now here we are, in Long Valley, New Jersey where we met, about to become Husband and Wife and I have never been so sure of anything in my life as much as I am sure about making you my wife and my everything. I promise to give you all of my love and to give our baby boy all that he deserves in the world. I promise to protect you at every cost and to keep you happy. I can't wait to be with you forever and always, Em."

I zone out due to how shook I am. I am in full on tears as they put the rings on each other because I can't believe this day has actually come. Emercyn and I use to sit in my room as little girls talking about future weddings and here we are, at her very own.

"I now pronounce you, Mr and Mrs Dolan." They lean in and kiss each other as if it were their first.

We all burst into cheers and scream for the newly wed as they happily walk down the aisle. Grayson immediately grabs my hand and pulls me into him. He pulls away and wipes away my tears with the pad of his thumb.

"God that was so beautiful." He says as we walk down the aisle.

"Tell me about it. They are actually married!" I say in shock.

"Ready to get our dance on?" He smirks as we walk up to the reception area.

"Oh you know it." I laugh.