three

After being at the club for an hour, my legs hurt from Avery and Olivia forcing me to dance

After being at the club for an hour, my legs hurt from Avery and Olivia forcing me to dance. My legs feel like jello as we dance along to a song that I can't really make out from my mind being all fuzzy from all the fireball shots I've had. I just really love fireball.

When the song is over, we all scream and I lean over on Avery, squeezing her tightly.

"THANK YOU FOR THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!" I scream into her ear. She just laughs and I know it's her way of saying you're welcome.

"Come on guys. More shots. More Shots!" I chant at the two of them. They nod their heads before Olivia points to the bar, dragging us along wit her.

Olivia gets us whatever she wanted this time and I'm excited to see what she picks. Theres a red liquid in the clear shot glass.

"Auh no what is this?" Avery whines. "I swear if this is cherry vodka I'm not drinking it." She adds, scrunching up her noise.

"I'll take it." I raise my hand before quickly snatching it from her hands. Olivia and I down the shots before I sit at a bar stool.

I mentally yell at myself for wearing heels but I just wanted to look cute. Everything was a little fuzzy and blurry but I could still definitely make out what I am doing. Olivia excuses herself to go dance with her boyfriend before Eric and Mason come up to the bar.

"Hows your birthday going?" Eric asks me.

"PERFECT!" I yell, holding up my hands and doing an okay sign. He gives me a thumbs up and smiles very pretty at me.

I sit there and slightly spin on the chair as I listen to Mason, Avery, and Eric talk about tomorrow and whatever else they want to do while we are here. My mind is all over and honestly, I just want to go back to the condo now and take a fat nap.

Mason and Eric leave before it's just me and Avery again. Avery just talks about how cute Mason is as he walks away with Eric and then how much she thinks I need to do Eric. She keeps reminding me I need to 'let loose' and 'have fun'.

"Theres a really attractive tan tall guy staring at you, H. Oh shoot he's walking this way! Let me fix your hair!" Avery's voice rings through my ears and I look up to see who she is talking about. The finger is in a pair of black jeans, boots, and a black button up shirt where the sleeves are cuffed at his biceps.

I can't really make out the face until he comes a little closer and I want to throw up. I turn towards Avery and she wiggles her eyes.

"Don't leave me with him." I beg her grabbing her arm.

"I have to pee." She lies and slips off the stool right as he is standing in front of me. I glare at her and try my hardest to look everywhere but at him.

"Hayden can we talk?"

"Why would I want to talk to you." I laugh.

"You're really drunk." He states, sitting down where Avery was just at.

"And you're a dick who needs to leave me the fuck alone." I growl. He looks taken back but stays sitting on the stool.

"We need to talk. It's been five years and by the way happy birthday." He smiles when he remembers and I turn around on the stool to get another shot.

"She'll have water." Grayson tells the bartender. I give him a look before feeling anger boil inside of me.

"You don't get to tell me what I'll have." I shout at him. "And my birthday was happy till I saw your face." I remind him. He just smiles at me. Smiles at me with that perfect smile of his and I want to punch him for being so fucking perfect.

"Why are you so angry with me? You're the one who broke up with me remember?" He says.

"You let me walk out. Right as I realized I needed you, I tried to call you but you changed your number. So guess that's your fault." I shrug my shoulders in a way to tell him that it's his problem not mine.

"Wait, Emercyn never told you?" He asks.

"Nope."

"I told her too... I just thought you hated me so you wanted to ignore me." He frowns.

"I do hate you." I smile at him before standing up.

My body wobbles and I try to control myself. Grayson is quick to be by my side and holds my body up. I try to push him away but his strength is too strong for my intoxicated body to fight against.

"You need to go home and sleep." He tells me.

"I know. I want to go back to my condo." I whine, leaning into him a bit and I try my hardest not to.

"Who'd you come here with? What do they look like?"

"My friend Avery. She has brown hair like me. My friend Olivia. She's a blonde with super super tan skin. Their boyfriends and a boy named Eric who is the DD and is super sweet. Hey that rhymed!" I laugh at myself. He groans before sitting me back down.

"You're really drunk and need to go home."

"You already said that." I point at him and poke his ribs. He grabs my hand in his and his familiar touch sends me body into a frenzy.

"Theres Avery right there!" I point as I see her walk by. Grayson tells me to stay put as if he has the power to tell me what to do anymore. I roll my eyes but do as told because I don't know if I can trust my legs.

Avery comes walking over to me with Mr. Perfect and she smiles at me.

"You want to go home?" She asks.

"She needs to go home." Grayson demands as I nod my head in respond to Avery. I hit him for talking to her like that.

"And who are you?" She asks.

"That really attractive tan tall guy that was staring at me who also happens to be my ex, Grayson. That's why I said not to leave but you just had to pee." I roll my eyes and say dramatically. Averys eyes go wide as she looks between me and him.

"Oh fuck no wonder he looks familiar. I'm sorry, H. Okay yes you need to go home, let me go look for Eric it'll be a minute." Avery says, about to turn around but Grayson starts to talk which makes her stop.

"No she doesn't have a minute. She needs to leave right now and if you don't take her, I will." Grayson tells Avery.

"Funny she's not going with you." Avery laughs.

"She will if you don't hurry up because of how intoxicated she is. She may hate my guts but id rather her yell at me for taking her home than leave her here knowing something could happen to her." Grayson shouts over the music. My head starts to hurt so I stand up and turn towards Avery.

"Just let him take me so the two of you will shut the fuck up and I can go to bed." I demand. They both shut up before Avery brings me into a hug and tells me to not cave in and do anything stupid.

Grayson looks at me before grabbing my hand but I pull it away. He stops me from walking in front of him.

"Theres paparazzi outside. Just stay looking down and cover you face. I'll lead you to the car so don't push me away or pull away from me." He tells me. I roll my eyes at how demanding he is being.

He thinks he can just show up and demand me when he has no place in my life. I allow him to put his arm around me but I want to curl in a ball right as he does so. When we walk out, I am immediately blinded.

I remember what he says and bow my head. I shield my eyes from the lights that are making my headache ten times worse. Fuck you Grayson for being so perfect you have paparazzi watching your every move. Fuck you Grayson for thinking you can control me. I remind myself that I have to stay mad at him and when I get in the car, I feel relieved.

I rest in the seat and immediately feel my eyes flutter closed. Boy am I going to regret this tomorrow.