eight

I walk down the stairs in a baggy white t shirt and a pair of shorts, ready to just chill before the girls and I go and get our nails done

I walk down the stairs in a baggy white t shirt and a pair of shorts, ready to just chill before the girls and I go and get our nails done. I search through the fridge for anything I can get my hands on but frankly since being here, we have yet to buy much. Just the essentials which in Alek's mind, is cereal.

My eyes catch the clock reading 10:45. I may or may not be the only one awake but I'm really too lazy to check. I grab the milk, a bowl, a spoon, and of course cereal before making my way to the table to eat.

As I go to take a bite I get an in coming call from my sister. I quickly answer the phone to hear her panicking.

"Hayden!" She screams and I can't tell if she is yelling at me or her now, husband.

"Riley, are you okay? What's going on?" I ask, debating whether or not to shove another spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

"Uhm- hold on. Just put it in the car, dammit!" Her voice rings through as she harshly demands Hayden what to do. I giggle to myself and take another bite.

"Still there?" She asks and I hum in response. "Good. I'm in labor and can't get ahold of mom or dad." I feel my eyes budge out of my head and I spit my foot out.

"You're what? You're not due for another two weeks!"

"These things happen! I know you're out of state so theres not much you can do but please try and get ahold of our parents!" Her voice is shaky before I hear the line end. I have suddenly lost my appetite as I ring my mom, dumping the rest down the sing since I spit out my food in it.

I call her about three times before trying my dad and still no answer. What the heck? As I try and call my mom dad again I hear the front door open and laughter. I turn around and see Eric, Alek, Mason, and the twins walk in.

They all stop laughing when they see me and I'm sure because of the expression on my face. Eric moves forward, coming towards me with a concerned face but I just give him a weak smile.

"Hayden, everything alright?" Alek asks and I shake my head no before looking at my phone again.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Mason was the next to asks. I run my hands through my hair getting frustrated that my parents are no answering my calls. Riley needs them and they aren't being heard from.

"My sister is in early labor and my parents are answering our calls. Not my mom or dad and theres no way they could have over slept. I mean oh god what if something happened to them or what if-" I begin to panic before I feel a pair of arms wrap around me, cooing at me that they are sure everything is fine.

I meet eyes with Grayson's before I see him calling someone. I feel like my heart is going to jolt out of my chest because my parents usually always pick up.

"H, listen to me." I hear Ethan's voice as he comes into view. "Let me call your aunt and uncle. Emercyn told me they are in Oklahoma visiting and maybe they know what is going on." He says and I nod my head before turning to who I assume in Eric, as he holds me.