twenty three

"Wait let's switch sides

"Wait let's switch sides." Emercyn says with her iPhone in her hand as we trade places to take the best mirror picture. We are having quiet the struggle and Emercyn is feeling really insecure today about her baby bump.

We pose and take a few before looking at them. I watch Emercyn's face and can already tell she hates them. She shakes her head and groans.

"I'm an ugly fat pregnant lady. I'm so done." She over exaggerates and turns around out of the bathroom.

"Em, you are not ugly nor fat. You are beautiful I really don't know why you are so upset. You are like the most gorgeous pregnant person. You rank up there with Blake Lively." I tell her as I grab my purse.

We are about to go with the boys to NYC this weekend to go shopping and spend time together before the wedding. Everyone comes in the day before the wedding which is in five days.

The closer the wedding is, the more insecure Emercyn is. As well as her nerves and emotions being over the roof. Emercyn marches out of my room around the time Grayson comes in with a dry pancake in his hand.

"You ready beautiful?" He asks.

"Yes. Does this look okay?" I ask him referring to my stripped two piece outfit. The top ties in the front and the shorts are flowly and soft.

"Yes. But-"

"I always look good yadadada." I wave him off playfully mocking him because he always tells me I look good no matter what.

He grabs our bags for us, refusing to let me carry mine, and we walk downstairs and outside to the car. We put our stuff in and I go back in to say goodbye to Aunt Macy.

She is in the dining room working from home today. Her glasses that she never wears, hang on her nose as she concentrates. I lean beside her and press a kiss to her cheek as I say goodbye.

"You guys be careful okay? I love you all." She says standing up to give me a hug before giving Grayson, Em, and Ethan one.

"Especially you missy." She points to Em and rubs her belly before giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead.

I grab Em's hand and we walk to the car together. Em sits in the front with Ethan. She told me she wanted to sit together but since she has been pregnant, sitting in the back of the car has made her really nauseous.

I lean my head on Grayson's shoulder and sigh lightly closing my eyes. He warns my to not fall asleep so I tell him I'm just resting my eyes... but we all know what that really means.

-
Grayson's POV- (long time no see ik)

Ten minutes into the ride to NYC, both Hayden and Emercyn are passed out. It's actually the cutest thing and I watch Hayden peacefully sleep in awe. She adjusted herself so her head is now in my lap.

I slowly and softly brush her dark soft brown hair out of her face and tuck a few strands behind her ear.  She really is beautiful and I really don't know why she doesn't see it.

"You're even more whipped than you were when we were 16." Ethan laughs from up front.

"I'm not messing this up this time. She's... Perfect." Ethan smiles from the front and looks at Emercyn before back at the road. "Plus don't you dare say anything, you're the one getting married in a week." I add.

"I'm well aware and trust me, I'm not complaining. I'm marrying not only the love of my life but my best friend." Ethan says proudly. I'm really happy for my brother that Em and Him will soon be Mr. and Mrs. Dolan.

If anyone is going to spend the rest of their life with E, it's Em. Aside from me, she is the only other person who knows Ethan more than anyone. She knows how to calm him and cheer him up. She keeps him steady and has been there for him since the day we all met.

"So, guess what." Ethan interrupts me from my thoughts.

"What?"

"I bought Em and I a house. In Jersey. We were talking about two months ago about where we want to live and our baby to grow up... and we think Jersey is the best fit. Plus mom and dad are there plus Em's parents." Ethan tells me. He genuinely looks so happy and joyful. "I'm gonna tell Em tonight over dinner."

"That's amazing! Congrats bro." I pat him on the shoulder lightly so I don't move to much and wake Em.

-
When we arrive into the city about an hour later, I lightly nudge sleeping beauty awake. She rolls onto her back so her face is facing upward and she rubs her eyes before looking at me. Her green eyes are dark and lacy.

"Hi." She whispers with the cutest smile.

"Hey sleepy head, we are in the city." I tell her.

Hayden has never been to NYC and I knew it has been on her bucket list. She sits up and look out the window with the biggest smile on her face. Here and there she'll says a 'wow' 'omg' 'baby look' and it's the cutest thing ever.

"I've never seen a real taxi before! It's almost as if they don't exist in Tulsa." She gasps as multiple Taxi's pass by.

Eventually we pull into the parking garage of our hotel. We park the car and carry out things in while Ethan gets room keys. Hayden and I got our own room to give the two some space or maybe to just give ourselves some space.

We go to the fourth floor and head to our room that happen to be next door with a door in between somewhat combining  the rooms. Hayden looks around the room before plopping on the large king sized bed.

"It's so beautiful here. Thank you for this." She says opening her arms out for me.

I walk over to her and stand between her legs. I cup her face in mine and kiss her plump pink lips softly.

"You're welcome."

The door burst open and Emercyn claps her hands together with a smile. She walks over to Hayden and shows her something on her phone while I go into her room shared with Eth.

Ethan is sat at the desk chair on his mac pro looking at something. I place my hand on the desk and lean over to take a look. A nice dinner? I guess that will be pretty cool.

"This is a restaurant at the top floor of a building that slowly spins so you can get a 360 view of the city. I think we should take the girls so I was going to make reservations." Ethan explains this to me and I think it's a really good idea.

"You're a genius. They would love it." I think it's perfect for Hayden. She'll get to see the entire city.

"Awesome! Let me call and then we can go shopping before dinner." He laughs as he picks up the phone.

I nod my phone and walk back into my room and plop on the bed bringing Hayden down with me. She laughs and giggles as I poke at her sides and tickle her.

"I love you." I tell her.

I really don't think she understands how much it means to me when I say it. It means more to me than anything because I am madly in love with her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her because I can't see it with anyone else. A future with someone else does not exist in my life.

I am in love with Hayden Marie Forest.