thirty seven

I woke up to the sound of pots banging down stairs. I slightly groan at the obnoxious noise as I roll to my side, rubbing my cramping stomach. I look down and see my bump that feel ten times huger than it was a month ago at the gender reveal.

When I hear something shatter downstairs, I am quick to my feet; slipping on house shoes due my feet being sore and always cold from the pregnancy. I try to hurry as I walk downstairs and my eyes are wide when I see my shirtless husband leaning on the floor to pick up my favorite plate which is now shattered in pieces.

You may be wondering, who has a favorite plate? Well I do. My mom made my sister and I plates for christmas two years ago with drawings we made each other when we were younger.

I guess Grayson heard my gasp because he turns around with the most guilty look on his face. I walk to the kitchen and he immediately rambles on to try and make me feel better.

"Grayson, slow down." I plead. "It was an accident, I'm not mad." I grab his hand to keep him from pacing around the kitchen anymore than he already has.

"I just- you're sad though aren't you? I broke your favorite plate trying to make you breakfast in bed for your birthday." I raise his hand to my lips and kiss his knuckles softly.

"Of course I'm upset, it was my favorite. But I'm not mad... you were trying to do something sweet for me and made a mistake. It's a plate babe." I try to reassure him. He nods his head as I slowly raise my hands to cup his perfect face.

"Don't worry about it." I tell him in a soft whisper.

He nods his head and sighs, "Happy birthday, baby." He leans down and our lips connect gently.

"Thank you. Now, let's clean this mess up and get our day going yeah?" He nods his head before protesting that I don't help. He doesn't want me getting hurt due to the glass shattered all over the floor.

I wanted to help but didn't argue. I sit on the sofa and rub my stomach that aches just a bit. As Grayson finishes, he comes and sits beside me on the sofa, kissing me before kissing my belly.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" He asks me.

"Well, I am kind of hungry and I wanted to discuss baby names. I have some ideas." At the mention of baby names, his eyes light up. He grabs my hands and tells me to tell him.

"I want to incorporate our families names for both babies. I really like Bailey Marie for baby A. She'll have both your middle name and mine."

"That's perfect, Hayden. I love it."

"Don't just agree with me because it's what I want to hear. Gray, if you don't like it then be honest." I raise my hand up and run it softly through his hair.

"No, I love it. A lot." He says with a serious face. I smile, feeling myself grow with joy.

"Then, I was thinking Rosalie June for baby B. Her nick name can be Rosie or Rose. It's Emercyn and Camerons middle names."

"You're so creative. I love it babe." He pulls my face to his and kisses it all over before demanding for me to go upstairs and change so we can go to breakfast.

I do as told, marching up the stairs to our room. It's winter and it's cold, reminding me that I need to bundle up today. I pull on a pair of black jeans and a rustic pink sweater with a giant coat. I pull on a pair of knee high boots and toss my hair into a messy bun, not even caring.

"Okay, I'm ready." I yell towards Grayson as I walk down the stairs.

"Perfect and beautiful." He compliments as I reach him. I roll my eyes playfully, not feeling like the words that had just rolled off his lips.

We get in the car and Grayson drives towards a small breakfast café thats pretty popular in the area but only to the locals. When we get there, we are seated almost immediately. Grayson orders us both pancakes and I have to fight him on whether or not I should get chocolate chips in mine. I know I shouldn't, but it sounds so good.

It has been awhile since Grayson and I have been out doing things together. He's been busy going back and forth from New York and LA for meetings on a new movie he might premiere in when the girls get a little older. It's exciting to know he's doing these things and I feel selfish for wanting to always be home just so I can be around him.

As the pancakes are placed in front of us, I don't hesitate to start devouring the first one. Grayson laughs at me on the other side of the table making me jokingly kick his shin from under the table. He groans and now I am the one laughing.

"Good?" He asks, taking his own bite of his pancake. I nod my head and he smiles.

"What do the girls think?" He raises his eyebrows before taking a sip of his coffee.

"They loveeee it." I tease, rubbing my stomach after taking another bite. I pop a strawberry in my mouth right after.

As we exit the little diner, a girl comes up to use and asks Grayson for a picture. She was super pretty, probably around seventeen. She wraps her arms around Grayson as I take the picture.

"Thank you! How are the girls?" She asks, pointing to my enormous belly.

"Healthy. I'm just ready for them to come out." I admit to her. She makes an awe sound and smiles at me.

"Can we get a picture too?" She asks. I nod my head as she stands beside me. I smile for the camera as Grayson snaps the picture seconds later.

"Thank you guys." She tells us before slowly walking away.

Grayson pulls me close to him as we walk to the car, kissing my forehead and opening the door for me. I slip in and wait for him to turn the car on.

"Thank you for breakfast." I tell him, leaning over the center counsel to give him a kiss. He hums in satisfaction, bringing my face closer before pecking my lips some more.

"One thing I'm excited about for when they come out, is I get to watch you ride me again." What he says takes me by surprise, making me gasp. I look at him and notice as devilish smirk playing on his face right before he winks.

"You know you're looking forward to it too, babe." He teases, putting the car in drive and placing a hand on my left thigh.

This boy is something else, but I don't think I would trade it for the world.

A/N: sorry for the short chapter. I've been meaning to publish it a lot sooner just, the past two months have been pure hell for me. My 18th birthday was yesterday and I didn't even get a break from bullshit then. I'm trying to stay constant with posting, but senior year and friends are slowly destroying me.

but i love you guys, thank you for almost 530,000 reads. u are all so amazing ❤️❤️