Jhs

I twisted the ring on my finger twice before setting it on the old white vanity that sat in the corner of the old loft apartment I inhabited. I'd lived here since I moved to Seoul to work the film job that of my dreams. It was worth it, living in the city full time. Though the work hours may be long, the pay was enough to make a living and I was as happy as I could get. Except for the constant thought of, is this all? So I just repeated the same schedule every day, without change. And come back to my sad ass apartment only to wither away on my couch?

  I sat on the couch, ready to do just that and stuff my mouth full of instant ramen when I heard a knock on the door. Instant curiosity came to me, I had no visitors or solicitors while living here, so why would anyone be at the door? Cautiously, I crept to it and looked out the peephole. A boy with reddish hair was standing outside looking at a phone in his hand. His hair was nearly hidden beneath a beanie, he wore a face mask and dark clothes. I shrunk back down and tried to think who it could be. My last boyfriend left six months ago and had black hair.Come to think of it not very many people had red hair in Seoul. I look again, he did look familiar... Wait, hold on. Was that Jung Hoseok? I wouldn't ever forget that face, even if it was partially hidden.

  I nearly shit myself as I sit down against the door. Hoseok went to the same school as me nearly five years ago, since then we'd gone sperate ways. He debuted with BTS, I started working as a video manager. Of course, I'd watched the groups videos and supported BTS, but it really only made me depressed because Hoseok and I had failed to keep in touch. It was excellent to see him living a dream with six other amazing people, even if  I was confident that he had forgotten about me.

  We always danced together, sang together, really did anything together. We were best friends and there wasn't a doubt to that. I'd always get teased by the girls in my grade, saying stuff like 'is that your boyfriend?' or when they'd see me talking to any other boy on the face of the earth, they'd yell 'what would Hoseok think?' He was always my best friend, even when I would get into a fight with one of my other friends. Or being an emotional teenager he'd wipe my tears away. He taught me to dance and sing. In the dance room was where our best memories were made. Now, with him outside the door,  something he said was stuck in my mind.

   One day while dancing with him I was having a super hard time getting this one move he had gotten in a matter of minutes. I threw myself onto the floor screaming I couldn't do it. He sat next to me, lifted me up and then we had the deepest conversation you could ever imagine.

  Really bad descriptive, I know, but like how else do you describe literally talking about nothing and everything at the same time? We sat there for hours just talking about our future plans and what we were going to do when we graduated. By now, he had already tried out and a couple entertainment companies, and had another audition for one the next day. We were talking about how stupid so many people were, and how we deserve awards for honestly surviving high school. Then he turned to me and said this.

  "Do you want to make a promise that if we're still single by 21 we'll date each other?" He was a year older than me so I wasn't entirely sure how this would work, but I agreed. We locked our pinkies tightly and shook on it. The next day Hoseok auditioned at BigHit entertainment and became a trainee there. I only saw him twice after that. When I graduated high school, I became a film trainee for SM ent. I now work behind scenes filming music videos, idol chats, and live shows. This is my first time seeing him since then.

  My hand flies over my mouth, surely he isn't here now for that? Omg, this absolutely can't be happening. The Jung Hoseok is outside my door? I jump up and peek back out the door, yes it was him. I could tell him apart from anyone. I can't leave him standing there! I slowly crack open the door and peek outside. His attention flies to the crack in the door and he smiles brightly. Sunshine was almost radiating from him. No wonder he had millions of girls screaming his name.

  "Ji Yeon?" He asks, still smiling. I open the door farther and nod. "YES! I FOUND YOU."

-//-
Check out the rest on my story "an old promise" don't forget to request. ;)
🤷🏻‍♀️😄