Chapter Twenty Five- The End

The night sky danced with stars as I let out a satisfied sigh from another day's work. All the campers had finished off their activities and had gone to bed already. I knew that after a long day of activities most of the campers would be really tired. Most of them.

It was about half an hour after I did my first nightly check on the campers and all seemed well. If it weren't for all the experience I had with certain trouble makers, I would've thought all was going well.

I waited in the counselor's office for the same three children just like I did every night. So far they hadn't tried anything at night in the past two days so I knew something was up. A part of me liked it, it was the same old camp. The naughty behavior was actually quite funny even though it caused a lot of trouble, but they were only kids.

I heard little pitter patters of feet five minutes after I turned the counselor's office light off. I quietly opened the door to see the three trouble makers of camp heading to the dock. I immediately knew they were trying to escape.

I didn't take the escape attempts personally anymore but I was a bit disappointed that the child I thought I bonded with would treat escaping like a game. I guess it was a game though, a game between camper and counselor.

I sneaked over as quietly as I could and hid behind pine trees and shrubbery. Being at camp a long time meant I knew how to get around quietly but it was still difficult. When I finally got to the dock I could hear their tiny but obnoxious voices. I also saw that there was a Woodscout near them. I crouched behind a bush and luckily no one saw.

"This is Tim, an ex-Woodscout. He managed to escape from and he's here to help us," Cooper explained smugly.

"Call me Python," the Woodscout said.

I let out a sigh then revealed myself to them by standing up. I gave them a playful 'are you serious' look while snickering a little. All three had the initial reaction of wide-eyed shock but it was only Cooper whose shock turned into anger.

"Dammit Max!" he spat.

I ignored him and walked across the beach then stopped when I saw the other side of the boat. Just as I had suspected, a Woodscout's logo.

"Okay firstly, this guy wasn't gonna help you escape. He was just gonna bring you to the Woodscouts. They've been doing it for years. Look," I stated while pointing at the logo. "Secondly, why do you guys wanna escape so badly?"

"To get away from you," Cooper said.

I sighed. "What about you guys?"

"I'm chaotic neutral. I just wanna do whatevs," Beth explained.

I started to chuckle a little. This group was bringing back lots of memories. Is this what David felt like?

"I remember when my friends and I tried to escape the camp. They wouldn't let girls into the into the Woodscouts so they chucked my friend overboard and she washed up on the Flowerscout camp with my other friend." I still laughed a bit from it. "And the other friend was a boy who had to pretend to be a girl for the whole day."

"Eww the Flowerscouts," she remarked.

"Yeah they suck."

At this point Python had taken off on the boat leaving me with the three campers. I guess he didn't want to be in trouble. Hopefully the Woodscouts would terrorize another camp like the Pirate or Church camp instead of ours.

"Don't try and pull that bullshit on us," said Cooper.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The 'I was just like you' card. I bet you and your friends never tried to escape. In fact, I bet you guys were model campers who never broke a single rule. Stop your bullshit asshead."