Chapter Nineteen- David's House

The video is a song called Bohemian Rapsody in case you guys don't know what it sounds like. (It comes later in the story)

This is just a whole load of (HOOEY) fluff.

Max POV:

It was Sunday and Gwen was going to start her job the next day. This meant that I needed to go to David's house and I could find out his embarrassing secrets.

I was actually very curious to see what it looked like, maybe there would be blackmail. Gwen needed to wake up early on Monday morning so we decided that it was best to go to David's at the end of the day.

The last couple of days have consisted of shopping and watching TV. Gwen was busy preparing for her new job and David was helping her and attempting to entertain me at the same time. The poor bastard had his hands full so I stayed out of trouble for the most part.

At least at camp I had something to do. The visit to Granny's house and learning about David was one of the only interesting things that happened that weekend. As boring as it was, it was better than getting hurt at my old house.

"Ok Max, are you ready?" Asked David with enthusiasm.

"I was ready for a fucking hour!" I complained with my packed bag next to me.

"Oh I'm sorry Max. I was just helping Gwen with some stuff."

He then started to babble about Gwen's job and how great she was going to be. He was then saying this shit about how I should help him support her. I tuned him out half way through his little speech.

I rolled my eyes as I picked up the bag and flung it over my shoulder. Finally, we were leaving.

"Thanks for all your help David!" Gwen called, interrupting David.

"No problem Gwen! Good luck!" He called back.

"Don't fail," I said. That was it. That was my support for the day.

"Thanks guys."

"Tell me how it was tomorrow!" David exclaimed as we walked out the door.

He still talked with her and wished her good luck as we got in the car. Even though he was acting like a mum from a sitcom, Gwen seemed the least bit uncomfortable. It took all my strength not to laugh at the love-struck puppy.

On the way to David's house we listened to something other than the Farmer's Almanac due to my protests. The channel was one with songs that David's parent's generation would have listened to when they were kids.

After the ads between songs "Bohemian Rapsody" by Queen started to play.

"~Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?~" David started to sing out of tune.

"What the fuck are you doing?" There was no way that bitch was going to ruin the song for me.

"~Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality~" he continued, closing his eyes for a split second before opening them to the road filled with cars waiting for a green light.

"Seriously stop," I said, squinting my eyes in annoyance.

"~Open your eyes, look up to the skies and seee~"

"You're really doing this," I sighed, a small ache starting in my temples.

He dramatically held his fist out in front of him while still keeping his eyes on the road and the other hand of the steering wheel, in case the light did turn green.