Chapter Twenty One- First Day of School

You know how some stories have a moral? Well, I think the moral of this tale should be "The Emoji Movie ruins lives." I feel sorry for whoever the anger emoji's kid is. Gene is the worst protagonist and the Emoji Movie sucks ass. Anyway back to the cheesy story.

Max POV:

I woke up to a sound of David strumming on the guitar while singing, "Oohhhh."

Something told me that the following was going to annoy the fuck out of me.

David began to sing loudly to the tune of the Camp Campbell song he made up.

"There's a place I know where you can be as happy as when your with me. You think it's dumb but you will see it's worth waking up ear-early.
I know you're stressed and just woke up but trust me and relax. School is the place for my little Max."

When he sang my name he ruffled my hair making me cringe out of embarrassment.

"UUGHHH," I groaned.

I was fully awake then and had sat up on my bed while glaring daggers at the happy man dance and his girlfriend smiling at my door. They disturbed my sleep for a stupid song. I was going to kill them both.

Gwen started clapping along with the song and almost looked as cheerful as David. She was dressed in her usual business attire, completely contrasting David's striped pajamas.

"You can learn just like a normal kid and tell us everything you did. A bad school day we will forbid."

Then Gwen chimed in while pointing at me, "And no he's not 'being David.'"

I huffed a laugh at that part. David and Gwen sang in harmony with one another, "I promise you'll enjoy it and lots of subjects are fu-un."

Gwen stopped singing.

"They've got history, some sport, math and a ball court, play time, stuff that keeps you busy in the daytime, HSIE, geography. Really sounds fun to me; languages, English, science, PE, friendship, weekly as-sem-bl-y, clubs to join in, plays to act in, report cards, and arts and crafts, and mates, and girls or guys to date, and teachers who are never late,

It's school time!"

He looked as if singing the last part really fast was the most normal thing in the world. His face didn't even go red! I was astounded that he made a parody of his own song for me going to school, who would go through the trouble of doing that?

A part of me was annoyed that they woke me up early to sing me a song I could have probably heard an hour later. But it was amazing that they actually put this much effort into making things fun for me. It was certainly more effort than my biological parents, or even friends, put in.

"When did you have time to write that song?" I asked them.

"We wrote it last night," David replied.

"Well David came up with most of it. I just came up with the part about David not being David," Gwen added. Of course David wouldn't even think of adding it in.

"Yeah what's that about?" David asked wearing a confused look.

Gwen and I both started laughing to ourselves.

"Ok well I have to leave now," Gwen said after a minute of awkward laughter that gradually died, becoming more uncomfortable. "See ya David."

She pecked him on the cheek making David turn beetroot red. David kissed her back on the forehead, which I responded with blocking the scene with my hand.