Chapter Nine- Telling the Truth

THIS IS ONE OF THE CHAPTERS I'VE BEEN WANTING TO WRITE FOR AGES. DAVID FTW.

I stopped rewriting here but I will continue later. The change is really dramatic. 

David senpai POV:

I saw Max had woken up and was talking to Nikki and Neil. He looked much better than he did before. I was quite worried about him not only because of what happened but because he wouldn't tell me how he was feeling. It gave me in indication on how stubborn he really was and what extent he would hide his suffering. How much more suffering was he going though? Gwen had told me about what he said to her which made me wonder even more about his home life. All I knew is that he needed help.

All of the campers looked like they were better. Even Gwen, who got sick in the middle of the day, was better. I definitely felt better than I did before I vomited and took a nap. I guess there's nothing an old nap and some medicine can't fix.

I went to the back of the hall where Max, Neil and Nikki were to see if Max was ok. I also wanted to talk to Max about hiding things from me and ask him some questions. Gwen told me about a method of getting the truth from children and I hoped that it would work.

"Hey Max could I talk to you for a moment outside?" I asked.

"Umm ok," he said wearily.

I helped Max grab his crutches and we both went outside of the Mess Hall. In the short time we were walking together the cool summer air refreshed me since I was in a stuffy Mess Hall for most of the day. 

"Where are we even going?" Asked Max who still had a weak voice. 

"Somewhere we can talk privately about some... issues," I explained softly.

"Fuuuck that!" The boy started to turn around and furiously walk towards the Mess Hall with his crutches. 

"It's mandatory," I said knowing that the boy probably wouldn't listen. "And besides, this'll be good for you! You'll get to talk about your feelings and I can help you with them."

The boy stopped and turned around. His gaze shifted up and down my body before meeting my eyes with a confused glare.

He sighed. "What kind of sappy shit are you going to put me though anyway Camp Man?"

"I just wanna help you," I tried to explain knowing he still wouldn't listen. I guessed I had to bribe him. "And also you get to sleep in an hour later tomorrow if you do."

"Fine." He spat.

I lead him to the counselor's office and let him sit down on my chair with his crutches resting against the desk while I sat on a spare one. He gazed at me with a very confused and exhausted expression. I was almost tempted to get him to go back to bed and get more sleep.

"Max, do you know why you're here in my office?" I asked him.

"Are you gonna molest me or something?" He asked obnoxiously.

"Max, can you take this a little bit seriously!?"

"Okay, you said wanna talk about my feelings and other shit."

It was close. "Yes but more specific."

"Okay. You want an explanation on why you think I called you Dad when I actually didn't."

"What? No. I just wanted to tell you that it's ok if your not feeling great and you can always tell me." I put my hand on his shoulder but he pushed it away.