Chapter 38 •Change of heart•

"Honey, you have to tell them soon." My grandma says, walking up behind me.

"I know, I will. But nothing is set in stone yet, so I'm waiting until then." I say, turning around to face her. It's so cold in this house. "Plus, I'm scared." I admit.

"It's okay if you're scared. But if this helps at all, your grandma is loaded. So I would be able to pay for your plane tickets when you two visit each other." She says, a little smile creeping onto her face. I smile at her attempt to cheer me up. At least she's trying.

"Thanks grandma." I say. "Should we head back? It is a long walk up both driveways." I tell her while looking at my old driveway. I don't receive an answer which makes me turn around.  She's not there. Where did she go?

I look back out the window to see her waving at me to come along. I grab the key and hide it, then run to catch up to her. "Thanks for just leaving." I say.

"I thought you said we were leaving?" She says confused. I roll my eyes and laugh. "No, I asked if we should get going soon. But I guess that works too."

"Oh, oops." She says before laughing.

____

"Ugh. Why is this driveway so long?" I moan in laziness.

"We've only crossed the road, honey." She says walking past me. I groan and continue walking.

"You have your mom's laziness." She mutters. I pause my steps and let her words sink in. A smile creeps onto my lips as I think of my mom, God I miss her. My smile fades as a tear slips out.

I turn around and glance at the house. I was so mad at my mom for rumors that weren't true. I called her a slut for hurting my dad when he actually hurt her first. So many things I've said to my mom and now I can't take them back and tell her how sorry I am. Sobs leave my lips when I continue to stare. "Mom, I'm sorry. For everything." I cry, looking up to the sky, then the house again. I continue to cry for a while before arms wrap around me. I don't have to turn around to know it's Ethan.

"It's okay, she knows you're sorry and how much you love her. It's okay." He whispers in my ear. I turn around in his arms, not being able to look at the house any longer. "It's been eight months, Ethan. I know I say I'm fine and that, but I miss them all so much." I sob into his chest. He hugs me tighter, knowing how much I need it.

"If only I didn't-"

"Hey! Don't. Don't do that to yourself. That wasn't your fault." He assures me. "But-"

"You didn't know it was going happen." He says, having a point.

"It still hurts." I mumble. "Katherine, you lost your family, it's never going to stop hurting. It's not going to hurt this bad everyday, but it will get better, I promise you that."

"Please don't make a promise you can't keep." I say, looking up to him. He doesn't respond, only kisses me. Once we pull away, a memory pops into my mind.

"When my mom showed up to help me get ready for the spring formal, I jumped into her arms from how happy I was to see her. I thought she was going to drop me, but she didn't. That was the first time we hugged each other in a while, and I didn't want to let go." I tell him, focusing on the snow. "I felt at home with my parents, and now you and Gray are my home." I tell him.

He gently lifts my chin to kiss me. "I love you, so much." He says. "I love you too." I reply. He wipes my tears away with his thumb. "Your grandma told us." He said.

"What?" I whisper. He smiles sadly. "She told us about you moving." He says. I glance at the house again and back at him. "I was going to tell you, but then I looked back at the house and..." I trail off, my eyes watering again.

"It's okay, come here." He says, bringing me into his chest again. I wrap my arms around his torso, squeezing my eyes shut to get rid of the tears. "She said she'll figure something out." I mumble.

"And I think she will." He says, making me look up at him. He's looking at something in the distance, making me wonder what. I turn around and see my grandma and Grayson talking. I see a lot of nodding and smiles being exchanged. What's going on?

"Let's go find out what." He says. We walk over to them to hear the last words.

"Okay, but she'll come around eventually." Grayson says.

"Who will." I ask. They both look at me and smile. "We've figured something out." Grandma says.

"What is it?" We both ask.

"Well, since I am kind. I've had a change of heart." She says. "I thought moving here would be the best idea for you." She says.

"Where?" I ask. Grayson smiles nervously. "At your house." He says.

A gasp gets stuck in my throat when he says it. She's moving into my house? How am I going to deal with it? How are we going to deal with it. It's hard enough to look at it, now I have to live there again.

"But, how am I? How are we going to.."

"It will take some time to get some of my stuff moved here, and until most of it is moved, you don't have to be there. Not until it's done." She says. "We'll get through this my girl." She says, hugging me. I gladly hug back. "Thank you so much for not letting my home go to some slob." I say into her ear. It's going to be tough living there, but my grandma will help me.

"What is family for?" She says, rubbing my back. We stay in a hug before more arms are wrapped around us.

"It's love you guys, so much." I say into the hug.

Unfortunately, I had to ruin this moment.

"Um, guys? Can you let me go because I need to pee."

_____

FINALLY UPDATED!!!

I don't have much to say except that I'm sorry for not posting on Tuesdays. I got a job a few weeks ago and these weeks have been crazy.

I know this chapter is all over the place, but I was rushing to post a chapter today for you guys.

Anways, what do you guys think of this chapter?

P.s. Ignore the spelling errors.

Hope you liked it. Byeeeee

✌PEACE✌