Chapter 31 •Be alright•

"Do we have to go." I whine as I pack my suitcase. I don't want to leave when it's so close to Christmas. "Yes, it's only for three days, enough time to go home and pack more clothes and, to bring the presents here." Ethan says as he zips up his bags.

"But then it will be Christmas eve." I say, zipping up my suitcase.

"I know, perfect timing." He says before walking out of the room with his bags. I follow him out of the room and down the stairs. "Can you stop walking away when we're talking please?" I ask a little irritated. He's been in a mood since yesterday evening and he won't talk about it.

"I thought we were done with the conversation." He says innocent, but I know he's trying to piss me off. He places his hands on the counter, his arms growing a tad bigger from how tense he is. I take a seat on the third step.

"We're not." I say crossing my arms. He sighs before turning to face me. "Can we just not argue today? You always pick a fight for nothing." He remarks, not meeting my gaze as he says the last part.

Obviously I get offended because that's not true. "That's not 100% true and you know that." I argue standing from my previous position.

"It isn't? What are you doing now?" He says making half a point. "Fair enough." I mumble, letting the silence surround us.

Of course I never let the silence stay. "But why won't you just talk to me." I say. He groans in annoyance before speaking. "Oh my.... why can't you just leave things alone! If I don't feel like telling you what's going on in my life, I won't tell you. God Katherine, can you just mind your own business!" He snaps at me, making me go speechless.

What hurts is that his face shows no regrets. My eyes well up with tears but I hold them back. I'll feel stupid if I cry in front of him. I debate on whether I should leave him be or defend myself in a mature way. But of course my mind never agrees with me. "You know what. Fuck you Ethan. I try to be helpful and be a good girlfriend to you. But you're such a fucking dick sometimes. Just because you're in a bad mood, don't take it out on me okay?" I snap back, grabbing my suitcase and walking out the door.

I get in the driver's seat of my car before hitting the wheel in anger. "Chill kat. You need that so we won't crash." Grayson says from the back seat. I let out a gasp that sounds like a dying llama that has the hiccups.

"Don't do that." I say turning around to face him. He holds up his hands in surrender. "Okay I won't." He says.

"Good." I reply before turning back around. "Hey, mind telling me what happened back there?" He asks. My expression turns into boredom as I explain what happened. "Ethan has been moody since last night and he won't tell me why. We got into an argument just a few minutes ago and he snapped, said some things that hurt but I snapped back at him." I finish, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel to somehow cool my anger. My eyes snap towards Ethan as he makes his way to the car.

"You'll tell me what he said at home right?" He asks again. "Yes." I reply immediately then shush him as Ethan opens the door to the passenger side. "Okay let's go." He says cheerful. How can he act like nothing happened?

I see him look at me from the corner of my eye. "Ready to go kat?" He asks, taking my hand in his. My jaw clenched before I rip my hand away from his. I reverse out of the driveway, then go into drive and head to the airport. I hate when he does this, snaps at me then acts like he did nothing wrong.

I glance at Grayson through the mirror for a split second. He gives an awkward smile at me before looking out the window. I feel bad that he's always in the middle of it.

_____

For the whole ride to the airport, Ethan has been trying to talk to me. Again, acting like nothing happened.

"Babe." He says poking my cheek. I breathe heavy before walking to a vending machine hoping to get rid of him for a short time. I glance back and roll my eyes, he's following me.

"Can you stop being mad? I'm sorry for snapping at you." He says, coming to stand beside me as I reach to grab a bag of chips. "Cool." I mumble, walking back to my seat.

He sighs, grabbing my arm. I glare at him to release me, but he doesn't get the memo. "I said I'm sorry. What else can I do?" He asks, sadness in his eyes.

"Just leave me alone." I mutter, trying to walk away. Of course he doesn't give up and spins me around again. "Kat!"

"What! What do you want! For us to make up again like we always do? No! You always do this Ethan! You get mad at me when I don't even know what I've done! Just leave me alone for now." I say, walking away successfully. I slump down into a seat, only to stand back up as our flight has been called. Time to go home, finally.

____

"Kat, can you please talk to me?" Ethan pleads, taking his seat beside me. I grab my earphones, placing one in each ear, then press shuffle on my music. I refuse to talk to him. I can hold a grudge over the littlest things, but this time he went a little over board.

He takes hold of my left hand, much to my dismay, before running his thumb over it. I try to pull my hand away, but he only grips tighter, so I let him be. "I know your music isn't loud. I know you can hear me." He says, slowly taking one out. He leans close to my ear. "Baby. I'm sorry for hurting you." He whispers. I close my eyes, not bothering to move. He kisses my cheek, moving to my neck. I turn my head, bring his face to mine. The kiss doesn't last long, but it got him to stop. "We'll talk when we get back." I say tiredly, to which he nods. He brings my head down to his shoulder. "Go to sleep." He whispered.

"Okay." I reply before drifting off to sleep.

___

"Hey bup." Gray says, sneaking into the seat beside kat.

"What's up?" I ask. He checks if Katherine can see or hear us, which she can't, before speaking. "Why did you snap at kat this morning?" He asks. I look down at her sleeping state. "I got a message from someone and it put me in a bad mood yesterday and this morning. I took it out on her and I didn't mean to." I tell him.

"Who messaged you?" He asks curiously. My jaw clenched just at the thought of her.

"Emily."

_____

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Hope you liked tonight's chapter.
Ignore spelling errors, I will fix those later.

✌PEACE✌