Chapter 20 •Old friend•

"No! Gallavich!" I shout, standing up. Tears well up in my eyes. They were my favorite ship on the show.

Grayson comes running out of the room, looking panicked. "What's wrong?" He asks. He cups my face to check for anything. "You're crying." He says softly.

"Ian just broke up with mickey." I mumble. He sighs in relief that nothing happened to me.

"Thought someone was hurting you." He says.

"I am hurting. This show broke my heart." I say, more tears falling. This is why I hate getting attached to a series. They do one thing to throw you off and you don't expect it.

"Then why not stop watching it?" He asks.

"What?" I gasp. "I can't do that, I'm already how many seasons in. I can't just stop now. This series has a hold on me." I say, looking at him like he's crazy.

"OK! Alright. Got it." He says.

"What's going on?" Ethan asks, making his presence known. I clear my throat before walking past him.

I lock myself in a closet. The one in my dream. "Just calm down. Calm down." I repeat to myself. The sight of him makes me want to hit him. I know it's mean, but I can't help it.

I stop talking when I hear them speaking. And me being me, I can't help but eavesdrop. "How long do you think she'll hold a grudge?" Ethan asks.

"I don't know anymore. Back then we used to be able to tell when she'd do things, but she's changed since then. She's different now." He says. Have I changed?

"Yeah that's true. The way she fought Emily. She seemed different. Stronger in other words." He says. What? I haven't changed.

"Yeah. All I know is that by the looks of it, she could hit you." Gray says. It's like he read my mind.

"Yeah, I picked up the vibe." He says. "She's more violent. Like she's not afraid to fight someone if they bash her and bring her down." Ethan adds.

"Can't really blame her. She's been through enough. I guess she's tired of taking shit from everyone." Grayson says. I mean, he's not wrong. But I'm not that violent, am I?

"Yeah. Let's get back to the video now." Ethan says, coming down the hallway. I back away just in case he might hear me.

_____

I'm walking the streets at night. It is 3:34 am. It's my mom's birthday. It's been four months since she died. I never knew how much it would hurt to miss someone who is never coming back.

"Hey girl." This dude says to me. My eyes snap to him and I wave. "How about you come with me to my crib?" He says.

"No thanks." I decline his offer, who talks like that? It's 2016, not 2006. Soon enough he's in step with me.

"Come on girl don't be like that." He says grabbing my arm. I see cameras flashing ahead. A celebrity is there. He won't do anything when there are cameras. So I shake him off and walk towards the paparazzi.

"Hey! Don't walk away from me." He yells, running to catch up to me. I run to the crowd of people. Just as I make it to the crowd, I'm slammed against the building. "When I want you to come with me, you follow!" He snaps.

"Get the fuck away from me!" I shout trying to get out of his grip. People start to notice and try help.

"Hey! Get off of her." I hear a voice shout. Soon enough the guy is ripped away from me. I rub my wrist as it stings from his grip. When I look at them, they're red. "Are you ok?" The voice asks