Chapter 32 •Old friend pt 2•

"Why would she message you? She hasn't bothered any of us in months." Grayson asks, bouncing up his leg. He seems more angered about this than me. I don't blame him because of what happened.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out, why all of a sudden bother me? I made it clear I never wanted her in my life again. Not after it almost made kat leave." I say, glancing at Katherine every now and then. It's silent for a few minutes before Grayson speaks up.

"She really means a lot to you." Grayson states, looking at the two of us. I nod in agreement. She really does. I didn't realize how much she did until she almost left. God I love her.

Breaking myself away from my thoughts, I sneak a glance at gray, who looks angrier by the second. What I still don't understand is why. "Yo, gray. You okay?" I ask inching a little closer. He shakes his head in thought before answering. "Yeah I'm fine." He says before standing.

"I'll be in the washroom." He says. I make a disgusted face. "I don't need to know that." I say to him as he walks away. Wonder what's up with him.

_____

"Hello?" She answers.

"You're speaking to Ethan? Really? You said you've changed." I hiss through the phone. She sighs on the other end.

"It's not what you think. I'm actually trying to make amends with him, Katherine too." She replies.

"How do I know you're not lying to me again?" I ask being cautious. I'm done with liars, so she better tell the truth.

"I was immature, let the fans get to me. I was selfish and I only wanted revenge from how many years ago. I'm different, better. It was hard to change, but I thought it was better to let go of the past. So I did and I'm trying. I want my family back." She says, sounding slightly sincere, it's hard to tell over the phone.

I stay silent on the phone for a few seconds, debating whether I should end us again or continue with this second chance. It's not that I'm scared, because I am, but I really do miss her.

"Gray? Are you there?" She asks quietly. I close my eyes, choosing my answer. "Yeah, I'm here. I'll, uh, I'll tell them about us soon." I say, before opening my eyes. I look like a wreck, like I haven't gotten any sleep.

"Okay, I'll call you later. And if you don't want me messaging Ethan, I won't. Love you." She says. I gulp when she says love you. "Yeah, um, bye." I mumble, hanging up.

It's not that I don't want to love her, it's that I'm scared. No girl made me feel like she did, we'll except kat, but we're not together anymore, I made sure of that. What she did with E really did hurt. Took me a while to trust Ethan again.

I turn the tap on, before splashing my fave with cold water. Reaching out for the paper towel, I dab my face dry. I open the door and walk back out to our seats. Ethan looks up at me, curiosity written all over his face. "Hope you used febreeze." He says.

"Ew." I laugh, before sitting down. He turns his head slightly as he's not able to move it, due to Katherine sleeping on his shoulder.

"Wanna tell me who you called?" He says making me freeze. How did he know?

"What?" Is the only thing I manage to say. "He point at my phone, which is on. "You left your phone on." He says. "So who was it?" He asks again.

I don't want to tell them yet, I want to wait unil kat is awake. So I somewhat lie.

"An old friend."

_____

Sorry for the short chapter today. But here is today's chapter. Hope you liked it, and ignore spelling errors.

✌PEACE✌