Chapter 13 •Kiss goodbye•

"Katherine? C'mon hun. You need to eat." Emily says with the doctor by her side. The doctor places her hands on my bed as if ready to snap 'eat your food damn it!' That would be funny.

"I did." I reply. She sighs and nods towards the door. The doctor nods and walks out. Once she leaves, Emily faces me. "Why won't you eat?" She asks tiredly.

"I am eating." I say.

"Enough with the lies!" She snaps. It doesn't faze me though.

"I'm not lying." I say with no emotion. No I didn't shut them off, I'm just not in the mood to fight with her.

"Yes you are! You're not eating because you lost one baby! We are all sorry for your loss, but you shouldn't torture the remaining one! You're being selfish and I don't like it!" She stands for her outburst. I glare in her direction, angry for her thinking I'm putting my baby through shit. I have been eating.

"I. Have. Been. Eating! I ate this morning!! You would know that if you weren't on that stupid phone of yours all the fucking time!! AND DON'T YOU DARE THINK I WOULD EVER PUT MY BABY THROUGH SHIT! I HAVE BEEN EATING TO KEEP ANYTHING FROM HAPPENING TO THIS ONE!!" I shout, having enough of her nonsense.

"BULL FUCKING SHIT! You don't care about this baby! I know what your doing! You're making this one suffer because you're fucking depressed over the loss of your baby. You bitch!" She shouts before smacking me across the face. My head whips to the side from the impact, as my hand flies to my face.

"Are you fucking serious?!" I raise my voice. She covers her mouth in shock.

"Kat! I-"

"Get out!" I shout. She doesn't move, just stands there. "GET!! OUT!!!" I scream with rage. She flinches and makes way to leave. As she steps through the door, she's pushed aside. The twins rush through, looking around at the chaos.

"What's going on?" Grayson asks glancing at both of us. Ethan notices something on my face and comes to my side. "What happened to your face?" He asks quietly.

"She fucking hit me!" I yell. The twins look in her direction probably angry. "What the fuck Emily!" Ethan shouts.

"I-I didn't mean to." She whimpers.

"Why would her hit her?" Gray asks. She lowers her head for some reason. "She's not eating." She says. The fuck?! Why would she say that?!

Their heads snap towards me. Ethan has anger rising inside. That makes myself mad also. I don't like it when he's mad at me, it makes me mad. It's complicated. "Why? You know that isn't good for the baby!" He says angered.

"She's lying! I have been eating! I've eaten this morning! She was too busy on her phone to notice!"

"But she! I-"

"I think you should leave." Grayson says. Emily's eyebrows raise when those words leave his mouth. "Excuse me?"

"Please just leave." He says again.

"She was being selfish! She-"

"I said leave!" He yells. She flinches and hurriedly exits the room. He sighs and turns to me. "Are you ok?" He asks to which I nod.

"Yes, she only bitch slapped me. I've gotten worse." I shrug.

"I really wish you would let the past go, we apologized for the beatings." Ethan says.

"Oh I'm not talking about you. My mom did it before." I give a tight lipped smile. The both come in for hugs to which I awkwardly sit there.

"You know she cut your lip right?" Ethan says touching my lip. I hiss in pain and swat his hand away. "She did?" They both nod. "That bitch." Ethan chuckles at me while grayson smiles slightly.