Chapter 33 •House of memories•

I'm freaking out. She'll be here in three hours. It's been two days. We leave tomorrow back to jersey. I keep stalling and telling her that I would tell them. They almost made me slip and spill the beans. What? I don't say spill the beans. What is wrong with me? I'm nervous that's what.

Let me recap two days ago when we got home. Let's start with ethan and Kats argument.

______

"Home sweet home." Katherine says with boredom. I sigh as I know what's coming. She wants to talk to me. "Babe, we'll be back in three days."

She swats her hand at my words. "It's not that. I want you to tell me why you snapped at me." She says carrying her stuff to the room. I follow, already not liking the tension. She'll freak when she finds out who messaged me. I close the door so Gray won't hear, although I'm pretty sure he can. "Start talking." She says, turning to meet my gaze.

I suck in a breath, a huge one I might add. "I got a message from someone." I begin to say, but she cuts me off.

"And you had to snap at me why?" She asks. A sigh leaves my lips before I start back up. "It was Emily." I close my eyes shut to prepare for her outburst. I open one eye to see her frozen. That's not good. It's better to have her react than to be frozen.

Her jaw clenched before she opens her mouth to talk. "What does that bitch want with you." She grits out.

"I don't know. She just kept saying how sorry she was and that she-"

"She's not taking you back!" She snaps meeting my eyes. I hold up hands in defence. "Let me finish." I say, to which she scoffs.

"No! So you can tell me how she wants you back? I just got you back Ethan, I don't want her taking you away from me!" She yells, unpacking the dirty clothes, then throwing them near the basket.

"Just listen! That's not what she was saying." I shout, trying to calm her down. I grab her hands when she starts throwing the clothes around. "Listen! Kat!" I shout shaking her.

"What!" She shouts, pushing me back. "She didn't ask that! She wanted to say sorry for ruining me and you! For ruining this whole family of ours!" I shout walking close to her. "You're lying!" She shouts punching the wall. My eyes widen when she holds her hand in pain. I go to help her but she gently pushes me back. "I'm fine. I just lost my temper." She says. Now that I'm close enough to notice, she's not angry, she's crying. "Hey." I say softly. "Why are you crying?" I ask, cupping her face. She doesn't meet my eyes when she speaks up. "I'm afraid that she'll take you away from me. I don't want her to take you both away from me. You guys mean too much to just be taken away." She sobs.

"That won't happen." I deny, moving hair out of her face. "She'll make you guys hate me again, beat me again-"

"Hey! Hey. Stop." I say, shushing her. "Don't bring that up. Shh it's alright, breathe. Try to focus on me." I say, knowing that she's about to have a panic attack. So much things give her bad memories and she reacts like this.

Her breathing slowed down and she buries her head in my chest. "I'm sorry." She says. I don't say anything but kiss her head. "I always overreact. It's just that she made my life so miserable." She says, wrapping her arms around me. We sway for a little before I start walking us to the bed. "Why don't you sleep? I'll finish unpacking." I suggest. She nods before plopping down onto the bed. We both chuckle as I head to work.

15 minutes later, I'm done unpacking all of our clothes and picking up the ones Katherine threw everywhere. After I walk over to our bed, cause I'm tired too. I go under the covers and cuddle up to Kat. She wraps her arms around me. "You took of your shirt." She mumbles half awake. "It was hot in here." I mutter. I close my eyes, only to reopen them when I feel a scratchy feeling on my stomach. I glance at my stomach, only to see Kats arm there. What the hell? I stare at it until she moves her arm slightly and I feel it again. Anger rises up inside because I know what it is. I lift up her arm to reveal fresh scars. "Katherine what the hell." I mutter before sitting up. I straddle her when she wakes up, also pinning her arms above her head. "Well this is a nice way to wake up." She smiles.