Chapter 8 •Beach fun•

"Baby, baby, baby oh! Like baby baby baby no!" I sing along to the radio. Right now all of us are going to the beach just to have a fun day. It's been two weeks since everyone found out. I'm not showing yet so that's why I wanted to show off my bikini, it's really pretty.

"Katherine, stop." Grayson whines from the back seat. Hearing him whine like a little kid only makes me sing worse.

"I thought you liked this song gray?" I ask over the music.

"I do, but your killing it for me." He shouts back. I smirk and blast it louder.

"Well to end your suffering, I'll try sing normally then." I say once the music is turned down a smidge. I change it to the next song and instantly smile. Reflections is on.

We all look at each other before we sing in an unharmonized way. Ethan is dancing in his seat beside me. Emily is holding an imaginary microphone. And Gray is doing well... both. I stop the car at the side of the road when the chorus is almost up.

"Why did you stop?" Ethan asks me. Instead I race to his side and rip him out of his seat. I reach inside of the truck and blast it so everyone around us can hear. I motion for Gray and Emily to get out of the car. They all gather around me with confused looks on their faces.

"Ready, the chorus us coming up." I say getting in a twerking stance. Ethan laughs at me before joining me.

"3! 2! 1!" I shout.

"PUT ME ON THE SHELF, DISCIPLINE MYSELF TO LET THE SPARKS DIE OUT, SHATTERING ANYTHING THAT HAS REFLECTIONS OF YOU." Ethan & I start twerking as the chorus starts. Gray and Emily do body rolls. Once the verse is back on we stop our dancing. We laugh at our moment we just had before we get startled from applause. We look around to see a little crowd laughing and cheering with us. We smile and bow.

"Thank you for applauding our weirdness." I say before we all get back into the truck.

"That was AWESOME!" I say slamming the door shut. I drive back into the lane as if nothing ever happened.

"Heck yeah it was!" Ethan shouts high fiving me. I gladly high five his hand. I run a hand threw my hair, resting my elbow on the window as I stop at a red light.

"Guys..." I trail off starting to drive once the light goes green. From the corner of my eye, I can see Eth turn his head to look at me.

"Hm?" Gray asks, tapping Ethan's shoulder to turn down the music. He nods and turns down the song.

"I'm scared." I admit, talking about the baby.

"About?" Gray and Ethan ask. Emily smacks their arms to give them a hint. They make an 'ohh' noise once they get it.

"Don't be, you'll do great." Ethan says rubbing circles on my hand. I can drive with one hand so it's ok.

"It's not that, it's just.. I don't know.." I sigh taking my hand away. I glance at him to see him frown at my sudden movement.

"Are you scared of giving birth?" Gray asks.

"No." I deny quickly. "Well.. yeah, but who isn't. Anyway, that's not it." I mutter shaking my head. Do you wanna know what my mom used to tell me? She used to say I would leave my kids to go drink and something bad would happen. She said I would Neglect my kids and just be horrible. Of course she was on drugs when she said all of that, but I still get scared that it might be true. What if it did happen?" I ask scared of the thought.

"None of that will happen." Ethan says sternly. I find a parking spot once we arrive at the beach. I shut off the engine, but make no move to leave.