Chapter 35 •Expecting•

"Baby. Wake up. It's the afternoon. You fell asleep again." Someone mumbles in my ear. I groan, not bothering to open my eyes.

"That's not how I wake her up. Look, watch and learn." Someone says before doing a little cough. "Wake up sleepy head." The voice, who I recognize as Grayson, coos into my ear. Knowing he's not going to stop until I do wake up, I do our routine.

I smack his face away before sitting up. "I'm up." I state, stretching my arms out. I yawn, then led the covers off of me. "Ow. See? I told you it would wake her." Gray says while holding his cheek.

"Okay, I'm awake. Now what?" I ask, looking between them both. Ethans eyes bore into mine. I make a confused face at him. "What?" I mouth.

"Tell him." He mouths back. I shake my head. "Tell me what?" Grayson asks.

"Nothing!" I say too quickly. He squints his eyes at me. "I'll tell you later today. Okay?"

"Fine. By the way, you take a lot of naps in one day." He mumbles before walking out of the room. My eyes snap over to Ethans. "What the hell Ethan!" I say in a hushed tone.

"Why didn't you tell him?" He asks, closing the door. "Because I don't actually know if I am even pregnant. We still need to take a test. Just to be sure." I tell him.

"Well, we could go right now? Then after we can tell all of them." Ethans suggests. I nod, before throwing on one of his sweaters. I'm already wearing his sweats.

He takes my keys and laces our hands together. We walk downstairs quietly. I'm assuming he's is driving, as he doesn't hand me the keys.

_______

"You look a little young to be buying these." The store clerk says.

"Oh. It's for a prank on my family." I lie. Her face lit up in interest. "Really?" She asks.

"Yup." I confirm before paying for the tests. "Wish I could be there to see there faces." She says then gave a fake laugh. Well, it was more of an awkward laugh. "Yeah.." I mumble.

Ethan walks inside and takes my hand. I grab the bag of tests and walk outside with him. "Thank you." I say.

"I could see you both being awkward." He says before we drive back to the house.

______

"Ugh. More stairs." I whine as we walk up the stairs to the washroom. I open the door, switching on the light so I don't pee on my hand. When I go to shut the door, Ethan is standing there. "Um, what are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm staying in here." He states. I shake my head in disagreement. "No you're not." I deny.

"Katherine. I've seen your vagina many times." He says seriously.

"Yeah, but this time there is pee leaving it." I state.

"I, don't care." He says shifting the door. I pout before untying his sweats.  "Fine. Don't look." I say, becoming shy.

He groans when I say that. "Oh my gosh.." He closed his eyes and I pull my pants down. I take a test out of the box and sit down. I start peeing and I feel awkward listening to myself. "I'm going to say whatever I can until I stop peeing because I feel awkward listening to myself. Blah, blah, blah. I'm peeing and I should probably stop, so I can pee on the other sticks.. okay!" I say really fast, drowning out the sound of my urine hitting the water.

Ethan laughs at me as he passed me another test. I continue to pee on the stick. "I'm peeing. Ignore the sound. I'm peeing. I don't know that to say." I mumble before an idea pops into my head. "Give my the other stick before I run out of pee!" I say. He hurriedly passes my the last one and I pee on them both at once.