"Do you want them or..." She lingered and for the first time, I looked at her name tag. Jordan.

"You can read 'em." Bey said.

"Okay, you're not pregnant-"

"So why was I throwing up and all that?"

"If you'd be quiet, maybe she would tell you. Be quiet Normani." She said and I glared at her before flicking her off, making Jordan laugh.

"Y'all are cute."

"Thank you." Bey said. "Can you tell us the reasoning for her throwing up?"

"There are some cases of the flu, this one, where she may not look sick but her immune system is sick so she could be feeling well some days but others, she could feel like, excuse my language, shit. That virus causes her to throw up and makes her stomach feel hard because of what she's eating in certain areas. She isn't pregnant."

"Like I said." She mumbled.

"Beyoncé, make me slap the shit outta you."

"Didn't I say that though?"

"Shut up. So you're saying I'm sick and I don't even know it?"

"Yes. It's not airborne or anything but seeing to it that the two of you are together, she may be sick as well." She said.

"What you mean?"

"If you two have kissed or anything, you could be sick as well." She said and I smiled.

"Good. So if you take care of me, I'll take care of you."

"Cute."

•••

"I'm sick so you should show me some love." I said, rolling over onto Bey.

She was paying more attention to her damn game than she was to her sick ass wife. I didn't even know I was sick but I don't care, as long as I don't look like shit, I'm cool. I'm not used to this throwing up shit though.

"Move Mani."

"No, tell me you love me."

"I love you with everything in me, now move." She said, patting my butt.

I shook my head and climbed on top of her, leaning down to her. She couldn't even see the TV anymore so I knew she was going to be mad at me. She loves that damn game.

I kissed her lips and she sucked her teeth. "I swear to God, if you get me sick-"

"I'mma get you sick either way so it don't matter, I'mma be all up under you either way." I said.

She tossed the controller and grabbed my ass, kissing my lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"This sick shit is weird, you don't even look sick my nigga." She said.

"'Cause I'm not."

"But you be throwing up and shit, that's so nasty."

"And you gon' take care of me or you won't be getting no pussy for the rest of your life." I turned my head to the side and she turned me over on my back, kissing me.

"If I want it, I'mma get it."

"Don't say that, that shit sound sooo rapey."

"It do though." She said and we both started laughing. "That shit sound mad weird."

"Then don't say it again. Now back to our conversation."

"What was it about?" She asked and started smiling.

I smiled along with her, placing my hand on her cheek.

I was relieved that I'm not pregnant but at the same time though, I might have wanted another baby but I felt like we weren't ready right now. When we are ready, we'll have another baby.

"When are we going to get the kids from your mom?" She asked.

"Monday morning since they don't go to school Monday." I said and she nodded, leaning down to kiss my cheek and neck. I rubbed her back. "Did you actually want another baby?"

"With the scare of Angel, not right now. I'm too scared to have another baby and even though it's been 5 years, that shit is still so scary. What if we miscarry again? That's scary." She said and I smiled.

"We?"

"We in this together babe, whatever happens to you, happens to me so you should already expect that. Angel is really our angel and I don't wanna lose another baby." Her voice cracked.

"Baby, don't cry, don't cry." I lifted her face from my neck and saw her crying.

She hasn't cried that much over the death of Angel and at first it scared me but I could see that it hurt her as much as it hurt me.

"That shit hurt babe."

"I know, it hurt me too, so bad and we're still 'working' on it. I love you." I wanted to lighten the mood or something.

"I love you more."
*************
I won't say much cause I know what's about to happen y'all 🌚