Chapter 7

"Beyoncé why you just standing back there like that, your mom wants to see the both of us, not just me." Normani glared at me.

"Just showing off my good side." I smiled and she walked back to me, putting her hand on my cheek.

"I'm your good side?"

"You're my everything and I mean that."

"I know baby, let's go meet your mom."

I nodded and when she turned around, she held her hand out for me. I grabbed it. I was following after her like she knew where my mom lived.

She knocked on the door of my mom and dad's house, instantly Solange was at the door, clapping her hands.

"Hey! I missed you." She pulled Mani into her, making her let my hand go to hug Solange back.

When I felt like they were hugging for a bit too long, I grabbed Mani by her hips, pulling her back to me.

She laid her head back on my shoulder, biting her lip. "You're jealous over everything, it's so sexy."

I leaned down and kissed her lips while rubbing her belly. She'd told me that she only liked it when I did that, that with everyone else it was uncomfortable. It made me feel special.

"Y'all are so cute. Mama's going to figure it out one way or another." She said, gesturing to Mani's loosely covered tummy.

We walked into the house and I heard footsteps. I knew they were my mom's, they had to be. Robert doesn't wear heels.

She walked downstairs with her arms held out and I thought she was coming to hug me but NO! Her switch up ass went to hug Mani.

"Switch out." I mumbled and her head turned towards me. She pointed her finger at me.

"Watch your mouth."

"Sorry mommy."

She put her hand on Mani's stomach and looked over at me. "She's pregnant?"

"Uh, surprise?" I held my hands in the air nervously and she narrowed her eyes at me, putting her hand on Mani's back, walking her into the dining room.

"I told you she would know." Solange said, patting my shoulder.

"Who cares?"

"Are you happy that she's carrying your child?" She asked and I nodded. I was more than happy, I was estatic. My baby was carrying my baby. Almost five months in and I was so ready to know the gender of the baby.

We walked into the dining room and my mom and dad were talking to Mani, mostly about the baby.

We hadn't even gone to see what the gender of the baby was nor did we start shopping for it. Unprepared as fuck, I know but Mani wants to go everywhere with me so I can't surprise her with the baby clothes I'm gonna buy.

"Sit on down, Bey." Robert said. I did what he said just because I didn't want to cause anymore tension than it already was.

Robert is my step father and I do like him but he's an asshole sometimes. So I try to distance myself from him because two assholes are not good together.

I sat down at the table, irritated. They took my girlfriend from me, they just took my baby mama from me.

"Hi." I said nervously.

"Why didn't you tell me this child was pregnant?" She asked. Mani was laying up against my mom and my mom had her hand on Mani's tummy. She's a liar.

"'Cause no one else needs to know, no one else is supposed to know. 'Cause I don't need this getting out to the public."

"Why not? This is a joyous occasion. You're having a baby."

"Mama." I warned and she put her one hand up I surrender, keeping the other one on Mani.

As the night went on, I grew more jealous and more betrayed than I'd ever been. I was only half kidding. Normani, my mom, and Solange sat on the carpet with baby clothes, analyzing them, determining which ones were appropriate for our child to wear. Thankfully, they were all unisex.

But Robert, he stayed back at the dining room table with me. I enjoyed the company, sort of.

"You know, she's 18?"

"I'm aware of how old she is and I don't care." I rolled my eyes, already irritated. He was starting his asshole ways and if he starts his, I'm starting mine.

"I'm just sa-"

"Can you just stop? You're such an ass, just stop."

"We're just like, you and I. We're assholes to anyone besides the one woman that changes everything. For me, that woman is your mother. She changed everything in me and I can see Normani doing that same thing to you. When you look at her, your eyes dilate much more than usual. You look at her with so much admiration and love. Do you love her?"

"I do. I changed everything for her Robert. I'm nice to her, she's making me soft."

Mani turned to me with that smile. That smile that was brighter than my future, brighter than the damn sun and I couldn't help but to smile right back.

"Dilation." He said, I knew exactly what he was talking about but I kept facing forward, looking at Mani. I love this woman.

A Week Later

I stood next to Normani with my eyes closed, my hands over them.

We were at my private doctor's office, figuring out the gender of the baby.

Because she was almost 5 months pregnant, we were supposed to know when she was 4 months but I decided I wanted to wait.

"Bey, that is not going to stop you from finding out the gender." She reached up for me so I leaned down and let her touch my face.

This pregnancy has been relatively easy for her first but when our next one comes, I just know it won't be this easy. Plus, the next one will be planned.

"I don't wanna know."

"I can't hold secrets from you though so you're going to have to know."

When the doctor came in, she was smiling. She had a pad in her hand that I remembered. It was the pad that had the baby's gender on it. I only knew because Normani and I had been fighting over whether we wanted to know the sex of the baby or not. We were such a bother to this doctor but who cares? She gets paid to do this type of thing.

"Have you two come to a conclusion yet?" She asked and I looked at Mani. She is the mother, plus she always gets what she fuckin' wants anyway.

"Yes. We want to know the gender."

She nodded.

As she flipped through her papers, my anxiety started to build. I wanted to know but I didn't. I wanted to know the gender of my new best friend but I also didn't because I wanted it to be a surprise. I guess Mani was right. Since I've been with her, nothing goes my way.

"Did you hear her or are you just not excited?" Mani asked, looking up at me.

"Huh?"

She sucked her teeth and told me to lean down so I did. She cupped my ear.

"It's a boy."
_______
a/n : issa boyyyy!

Names?

Also, I'm going to pay attention to this book more and in the meantime, Polyamory.