Chapter 32

Beyonce Giselle Knowles

"Bring yo ass here little boy." I said, calling for Kordei.

We were at Normani's appointment for the baby and we were now figuring out the gender. She's five months now but she doesn't even look it. She looks like she's about three months but as long as my baby is okay, I'm okay with that. The doctor said that the baby was completely healthy.

Kordei walked over to me with Normani's phone in his hands. He was playing a game. He crawled in my lap and I leaned down, placing the cover over Chas' face. He was sleeping and I didn't want anything to wake him up. He was getting so big and now that he's seven months, he's a man now so I treat him like one. He has to keep his damn head still and start making decisions like a man.

"We figuring out the gender today?" I asked Normani and she looked over at me, nodding.

"Yes. Where's my phone?" She asked and I pointed down at Kordei, who was sitting on my lap and playing on her phone.

She started to talk but the doctor came in so she stopped talking instantly.

I wasn't going to lie and say I wasn't nervous 'cause I am. I'm so nervous to see if the baby was a boy or a girl. I want a girl so bad, I originally planned to have one girl and one boy but that's not how things worked out.

If we're not pregnant with a girl then we can adopt since Mani said she won't be having another baby and I understand. She doesn't want to fuck up her vagina.

I was completely engaged in the conversation while feeding Chas and keeping Kordei still on my lap. Kids were a challenge, especially these boys.

She put wand on Normani's stomach and maneuvered it around. I heard the heartbeat and butterflies fluttered around in my stomach. I had never heard the baby's heartbeat or any of their heartbeats for that matter.

It was... the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard. That's my baby, my third one but this one feels so different. I don't know why, it just feels like something else is there.

"That's the baby's head, it's in the fetal position right now." Dr. Monroe said and I nodded, holding her hand.

She kept quiet before smiling at me. "It's a girl."

"Really?! Yes!" I yelled then Mani covered my mouth with her hand.

"Don't mind her, we're very happy but is she healthy 'cause I've noticed that my belly is very small and I'm five months. I just don't know if that's abnormal or not."

"The baby seems to be just fine. I believe it's so small because of your body type as of right now and then as of when you conceived the baby. It just all depends on your body type. The baby is okay, you can keep doing everything that you're doing, you're fine." She said. "You can call if you have any questions."

She left out of the room and I wiped Chas' mouth. I picked him up and started to burp him and Kordei got off of my lap, still playing on Normani's phone.

When he burped, I laid him back down in his carrier with a huge smile on my face. I turned back to Normani and leaned over, kissing her lips.

"We're having a little girl." I smiled.

"You lucky."

"What you mean?"

"You lucky it wasn't a boy, no more pregnancies for me, yay!" She yelled.

It got real quiet and we just stared at each other for a little bit. "I'm getting you different rings."

"Why?"