Chapter 33

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

"Mommy you don't have to do that." Normani said as Ms. Andrea put her hair up.

Mani was having the baby now and I was so scared. This would be my first daughter and I had been practicing how to do hair, how to care for a baby girl 'cause I'd never done that before. I'm terrified.

"We don't mess up our hair for nobody girl, not even this baby." She said, making Mani laugh.

It was the first time she had laughed in days. Plum Plum was being difficult and she was prolonging her pregnancy.

"Why you just standing over there like that?" My mom asked and I shrugged.

Now that Chas was walking, he was at 'that' stage. He's always in some shit and he's up under Normani all the time. He can put a few sentences together but he knows how to get his point across.

"You scared?" She asked.

I nodded. "Terrified actually. When she gets here, I'm not going to know what to do. All I know how to do is raise boys and now that I'm finally getting my baby girl, I don't know what to do."

"Is she scared?"

"Not at all and that's the scary part about it. She had Kordei and she's all like superwoman, she can do it all."

Arielle walked over to me with Kordei on her hip. He was holding the camera and smiling at me.

Since he's three now, he thinks he's grown so he thinks he can hold a camera.

"How are you feeling Bey?" Arielle asked.

"Uhm, are we gonna show her this?"

"Yes, when she's 18."

"Okay. Hi Princess, you're on your way now and guess who's scared? Me. I hope I do well with raising you and when you go off to college, I never want you to forget me." I said and put my hand over the camera.

I walked over to Normani and Ms. Andrea, kissing Mani on her forehead. She smiled.

"Did you talk to Heaven?"

"Yes I did."

"Arielle come here." I called and she walked over, turning the camera back on.

I asked the doctor if we could hear that baby's heartbeat. She put the gel on Mani's tummy and rolled it around.

When I heard Heaven's heartbeat, I smiled widely and I knew the camera could hear it as well.

"That's your heart baby."

"Momma, I have a heart too?" Kordei asked from behind the camera.

"Yeah baby, you got one too."

"Where?" He asked, unconvinced.

"Ginme your hand."

He held his hand out and I put it on his heart. When I took my hand off of his heart, he smiled at me.

I turned to Mani and she was crying softly in the cover.

I crawled into the bed next to her, kissing her forehead. "You okay?"

"The contractions aren't that far apart anymore." She blew out her breath hard then laid her head in the crook of my neck, I knew she was crying.

"You want epidural?"

"It didn't work with his ass, I don't think it'll work with her."

"Try it."

"You been telling me that since we met."