Chapter 5

Sitting there with my hands in my lap and tears threatening to fall from my eyes, I listened to my best friends Nicki and TyTy argue over whether water is wet or not.

I personally didn't care about the situation, the only thing I cared about was the anger that built up inside me for both Rome and Normani. I hated the both of them.

Why was she leaving me for him? What did I do so wrong? I was doing everything she wanted. She said she wanted more, I was giving her more. She said she was having my baby and I was happy about it. She said she wanted it to be me and her and I was trying to give her that but she didn't even care. I hate her now.

"Bey, which side are you on? Is water wet or not?" Nicki asked.

It was like I heard her but I didn't all at the same time. It's like when someone walks past you on the street and they're on the phone. You hear them but you don't really hear them. That's what this was like.

I felt like someone just took my entire life from me. I really thought Normani was different. I thought she was the one for me, I thought she was changing me. I felt changed. Whenever I was with her, I felt warm and joyous. I knew the people around me felt it as well. I was more pleasant to be around and I smiled more but now she's gone and she betrayed me just like everyone else. She's just like the rest of them.

"Bey!" TyTy yelled my name and my head snapped up to look at her.

"Yes?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yes." I repeated, this time in a more reassuring tone. Though I wasn't okay, Nicki was the only person that was SUPPOSED to know about Normani and I's 'affair' so I wouldn't be surprised if she could see the hurt in my eyes.

I couldn't lie, I was hurt. When this entire thing started, it was about sex and it was about hurting her for my own pleasure but then she started to grow on me. I started to want everything from her, her love. I wanted it to be her and I against the world but she didn't want that.

But then I had to think about it again. I was complicated but she loved me. I was a piece of work but I belonged to her, I was her piece of work and we were working on me. I was still growing while my creation was growing inside her.

What I hated about this entire thing was, no matter what, I still love that woman. I was still so deeply in love with that woman, it hurt.

"Bey, you keep spacing out. Tell us what's going on." TyTy said and I looked over at her with my eyes widened.

"I'm sorry."

"What's wrong baby girl?" Nicki asked.

She sat next to me and wrapped her one arm around my neck, pulling me onto her shoulder. I looked up at her and I think that she instantly knew.

"TyTy let me talk to Bey for a minute." She said. Ty nodded and stood up, walking into the kitchen.

"What happened with you and Mani?"

"She left me. She's having MY kid but she left me for him. What did I do though? I thought it was really going to be us, I thought we were going to get past all of this bullshit but I was wrong."

"Have you talked to her?" She asked.

"No. It's been almost a month and I haven't heard a word from her and I don't want to." I lied.

I wanted her to come home. Mani can be so damn stupid sometimes. Does she really think that Rome can fucking touch me? I will kill his ass with a snap of a damn finger.

"I'mma need you to go fuckin' talk to that woman. I'm sure she misses you plus she is having your kid and you haven't seen her in a entire month. You need to go see her Bey."