Chapter 40

Normani Kordei Hamilton

"Come out in the front row baby girl." Beyonce grabbed my hand, she had been persistent with trying to make me sit in the front row of her last show.

Not much has changed during this year except for the fact that our children have gotten older and I don't like that. Kordei is 4 and continues to get more attached to Beyonce day by day. Chas is 2 and Heaven recently turned 1. Beyonce was so damn happy when she turned 1. The entire debacle was cute.

"I'm tired." I whined.

"It's the last show, co-" She cuts herself off. "I'll carry you."

She picked me up and carried me out bridal style with the kids right behind her. God it was embarrassing but the people of the crowd didn't seem to care.

I thought we were going into the crowd but she helped the kids onto the stage with Julius right behind them then walked me onto it, kissing my temple momentarily.

"This isn't the front row Beyonce."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Last show."

What the hell does that mean? Beyonce has been pretty... weird? Lately. Like she's been distant and acting like she doesn't want me to touch her but I refused to believe that she was cheating on me. Right now, I feel like she has something up her sleeve that I'll like besides her spanking me on my ass.

She put me down then held my chin, handing me her microphone.

"Sing something for me." She whispered.

"What? That's not what I came out here for Bey."

"You don't even know what you came out here for." She took it from me and turned to the crowd. "Anybody wanna hear Normani sing?!" She then pulled me into her as the crowd cheered my name. "See? Sing for us baby."

I took the microphone, smiling at her. I didn't know what I was supposed to sing nor did I know what they wanted me to sing so I just sung 'Cranes In The Sky'. When I was finished, everyone clapped even my kids.

I looked at them and they were running around the stage in circles, they were going to get dizzy soon.

"I'm sure y'all know this is my last show of the tour and I want it to be special. This is my fiance, look how beautiful this woman is. I intend on marrying her, real soon and those are our kids. This one's for all four of them." I could see the tears in her eyes, she was finally letting her emotions free.

I listened to her sing and I knew I would cry but not like this. When the kids saw me, they ran to hug my legs.

Living with it was hard but I'll never forget my little boy, my son, my baby boy. I'm sure Beyonce feels the same way.

The instrumental played and Beyonce wrapped her arms around me. "You're a crybaby."

"But you're crying too." I pointed out, wiping her tears. We didn't need her makeup to smear.

"I love you." She kissed my cheek before moving to my lips, kissing me before I had a chance to react.

"I love you too." I mumbled in her mouth.

She pulled away from me, smiling. There was just a bunch of shit that started happening. The lights went down but I could still feel her and she was still talking in the microphone. Something along the lines of 'thank you'. I assumed she was talking to her fans.

When the lights turned back on, she pushed me down gently onto this chair by my waist. "You remember how I told you I wanted you to be my wife?"

"Yeah, which time?" I asked.